Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Prepping a plastic & metal WE Scar to paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepping a plastic & metal WE Scar to paint?

I have a WE Scar which has full metal upper receiver but plastic everything else. How do i prep the respective parts for painting aside from degreasing? Perhaps the metal i'd need to wet and dry but not sure what to do about the plastic parts?

Thanks in advance.

(This is posted elsewhere, but has had next to zero attention and want to get cracking!)

Re: Prepping a plastic & metal WE Scar to paint?

Thinking of doing the same to my scar.
    Paint work is all about preperation, all ther respective surfaces will need to be prepaired before painting.
    The metal work will need to be keyed, a grey scotchbrite pad is ideal for this.
    The same with all the nylon/plastc parts, a plastic primer will have to be used for the plastic parts, a normal primer for the metal parts.
    Once all the componants are keyed, make sure you clean them with panel wipe, most of our guns have had contact with silicon spray and paint hates silicon spray, then use the primer, once that has well and truly dired youre ready for your paint coat,either matt or satin paint.
    a satin laqure could be used to protect your paintwork, just note laquer is very thin so only dust a coat at a time and let it dry before the next coat.
    All the above materials are available though most car accesory suppliers.

Im going to prep these parts seperatly then once primerd, reasemble the shell of the gun to paint, im doing mine in mtp/multicam including the elgm and sights.
    should be starting next week so il put picks up though out the prosses.
    sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Krydel Find out more about Krydel
    Working...
    X