First airsoft game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First airsoft game

So had my first airsoft game last night and absolutely loved it, has confirmed I definitely want to get into it.

Was a bit nervous when first getting down there, especially when I walked in and everyone had there guns out and fully kitted up.

Played some great games. The regulars seemed friendly enough all though I only chatted to a few.

One thing that did worry me was that I was set on getting the G&G Combat Machine AEG GR15 Raider however when talking to the marshals they advised against them and to go for a jg instead

Re: First airsoft game

G&G are very nice guns, JGs are too but they're certainly more prone to lemons, while the G&G Combat Machine specifically has only one real flaw and that is the front sight is moulded to the barrel making changing things out unnecessarily difficult.

You may want to look at SRCs too as their gen IIIs are very well made and go at a good price too.
    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
    big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Cheers proto

Can't wait for next Wednesday absolutely buzzing

Comment

G&G guns are fantastic starter weapons, I actually own a GR15 Raider L. You wont be disappointed with it.

As said, the front sight is fixed however most optics, if you use them, clear the top sight anyway. It doesnt really get in the way as far as im concerned when it comes to changing things.
        Upcoming Games:
        None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
        Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

There will ALWAYS be someone that advises against the gun that you want to get. naturally.. someone gets a lemon and they'll hate em for life.. again, naturally. I only heard well from G&G CM, and the prices are amazing! I also understand SRC g36 is fantastic.
          my toygun is better than your toygun

wtb: kwa atp auto, kwa atp ptp

Comment

The GR15 i hve sat here doesnt have a fixed front sight...
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Def gonna go for the G&G Combat Machine AEG GR15 Raider.

Just need to get my gear now

The decisions ...

Comment

I have 2 G&G cm16s and there both perfect!

My motto is you don't need to spend tons to have a good time on the field!

Dave

Comment

Exactly that! I have just as much fun, if not more mincing around with a £5 springer!
                  -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                  -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

another vote for the G+G CM16 Raider, I only got rid of mine after a year because after buying a CTW the missus said I had to thin out my collection . Was a great gun, never missed a beat, in fact its new owner loves it as well lol.

Comment

Welcome to the game buddy.
                      Hope you like your wallet's new look.
                      empty-wallet.jpg

Comment

G&G raider was my first AEG. loved it, broke it, have farted about with it learning about the tech, made it worse, now made it massively better, suspect I'll never get rid as I've put my heart into it. Its a massively different gun now but a cracking basis for any project. Still have a few ideas for improvements. Really love how it looks like a new players gun and then people hear the ROF and their faces change big-time.

Oh, and I got the fixed front sight off easy peasy.
                        Last edited by Figjam; 9 November, 2012, 10:56. Reason: afterthought

Comment

I've got a few G&G's

CM16 Raider
                          GR4 G26

Both of which are fantastic little RIFs and don't cost the earth.

Welcome to the sport - You'll make lots of new friends, and maybe lose one....your bank manager.

Diplomacy is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by eyley View Post
                            I've got a few G&G's

CM16 Raider
                            GR4 G26

Both of which are fantastic little RIFs and don't cost the earth.

Welcome to the sport - You'll make lots of new friends, and maybe lose one....your bank manager.
                            I picked up the GR4 G26 last week and I, having first been skeptical of G&G, can say I was very impressed. I'll undoubtedly pick up another G&G to use as a project gun. Welcome to the game, friend.
                            "They love it, they do, they love it"

Comment

Originally posted by Junglespy View Post
                              I picked up the GR4 G26 last week and I, having first been skeptical of G&G, can say I was very impressed. I'll undoubtedly pick up another G&G to use as a project gun. Welcome to the game, friend.
                              What did you think about the integrated flip up Ris / Foresight?

I thought it was quirky but it'll be prone to breaking if...and when... I drop it.

Diplomacy is overrated.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bailey3 Find out more about Bailey3
                              Working...
                              X