How much gas do pistols use...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much gas do pistols use...?

thats the question... how much gas would an average pistol use? i'm looking at gettin a WE High capa and wondered what the gas consumption is...

Cheers

Re: How much gas do pistols use...?

Originally posted by RastaBlasta View Post
    thats the question... how much gas would an average pistol use? i'm looking at gettin a WE High capa and wondered what the gas consumption is...

Cheers
    A little bit each time you shoot

My feed back
    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

Lol.

Generally you'll get about a mag and a half of bbs from each fillup in british weather. That varies though. The TM MEU only just gets a full mag done on green whereas NBB pistols (TM MK.23 for instance) can empty two or even three mags from one fill.

Comment

nice and how much gas would each fillup take? also how long would a 450 ml bottle of 134a last me on average?

Comment

Urrrgg. 134a in british weather won't do very well with a metal slide. You're better off using green or ultra if you don't want to.

Anyway, your gas canisters last long enough for you to forget when you bought it by the time it's run out. So I'd guess about 20 mags.

Comment

kk, so green is the best gas??

as far as i know 134a=summer, and green winter/below about 15C

Comment

How fast are you planning on pulling the trigger?

The more the gun is used, the more gas is expended. The more gas is expended (in a short time), the more the gun (and mag/gas) cool down, due to the way gas cools as it expands. The more it cools, the more power that is needed for each subsequent shot.

So, the occasional single shot, or double tap, and you'll get through far less gas than if you blow through a whole mag in one go. To give you an idea, some of the GBBRs can easily empty a 50 round mag on one fill, using single shot, but will only get about two thirds of the BBs out on full auto.

Also, the lower the ambient temperature, the greater the gas consumption.
              sigpic

Comment

As Rockin says!!

I have just bought a WE M9 and it is an awesome piece of kit, but, if, as Rockin says you fast fire it, after about half a mag the whole mag will suddenly go auto, fire a few bb's and vent the rest of the mag.

This is a common fault with WE guns though and so as long as you don't fire very fast bursts you won't get the problem.

We guns aren't the only ones that does this. Pretty much most guns if fired fasst enough in this weather will vent out the gas if the pressure drops too much.

Also with the extreme weather we have had over the last few weeks, your mag seals need extra care and attention. I have had to strip all my gbb pistol mags bar 1 and reapply silicon grease to the rubber seals as everyone had developed a leak.
                Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RastaBlasta Find out more about RastaBlasta
                Working...
                X