Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Buying wood stocks/foregrips from America.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying wood stocks/foregrips from America.

Hello airsofters, I have been looking at buying some AK wood kits from the US well know auction site. My question is... Would I get any hassle from customs importing the kits? Surely just the wood furniture shouldn't be seized ?

I'm sure many of you have tried importing wood kits, what are your experiences?

Re: Buying wood stocks/foregrips from America.

when ive tried, ive been informed that they are still counted as weapon parts and as america changed its export regulation on firearms, they cant send them here.... i dont know if this was ill informed shops or them being a PITA but i kept hitting brick walls
    Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

I've had problems getting bits like this from the US too. I had to get a friend to buy a shotgun stock for me and I'm still trying to get them to pick up a FAL carry handle.
      sigpic

Comment

They are not 'restricted' parts so you should have no difficulties whatsoever getting them through customs. If you do, stand your ground.

The difficulty lies in US business having little understanding (read; 'gross paranoia') of ITAR restrictions.

Comment

I think the problem is that US gun parts dealers take the easy route of saying no to everything, rather than having to run separate systems for export and non-export items on their websites.

Also, they may have decided that it's more hassle than it's worth to risk their shipments being intercepted by US customs when the VAST majority of their business is domestic.
          sigpic

Comment

I've imported a real m1 stock, m16 stock and foregrip, Thompson stock and foregrip and a spas12 heatshield.
            I had problems from customs with all of them, but stood my ground and eventually received them all.

It's not a crime to own or import these parts, just be prepared to re-educate a jobsworth customs official who wants to take them away

Comment

Midway UK?

Comment

Originally posted by skapunkninja View Post
                I've imported a real m1 stock, m16 stock and foregrip, Thompson stock and foregrip and a spas12 heatshield.
                I had problems from customs with all of them, but stood my ground and eventually received them all.

It's not a crime to own or import these parts, just be prepared to re-educate a jobsworth customs official who wants to take them away
                The crazy thing is that I've never had any problems at this end and have only been blocked from exporting from the US, where pretty much anyone could have walked into a shop and bought the whole fu**ing gun.
                sigpic

Comment

Cheers for the replies! It looks like buying stocks from America isn't the best option.

Have any of you ordered wood kits from Russia or Ukraine?

Comment

All I've bought from Russia was a wooden AK47 pistol grip. No problems though.
                    sigpic

Comment

Importing them shouldn't be a problem, though they do turn up for auction, which can be easier, but you can also get wood kits specificaly for airsoft which makes life even easier

Comment

I was wondering this myself, as I'm after a couple of RS surplus handguards for my M16A1 and possibly a CAR-15.

On another note, has anyone travelled to the U.S. and bought stuff at a militaria shop or whatever, and tried to bring them back on a plane? I was wondering as, if I ever go to the States I might try and get a few surplus gun parts, e.g. wood and 'plastic' stocks, handguards for an m16 or hk g3 etc (not talking bayonets or metal receivers etc) and bring em back with me to the UK. Would customs pick em up and kick up a fuss about stuff like that?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

spartacus When I am not leading my fellow slaves in an uprising against the Roman republic my main hobbies are airsoft and motorbikes. Find out more about spartacus
                        Working...
                        X