Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

explosion in a bb factory and hoovering.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: explosion in a bb factory and hoovering.

Having had to temporarily move back into the parental abode after a relationship breakdown, I am having to be scrupulous about cleaning up after any airsoft maintenance. Seems to be a universal mum thing to hate BBs in the house (go figure), but I'm trying to gently explain that they can be thrown away when found rather than every one presented to me like it is some precious item I've lost.
    The little pile carefully stacked in a jar by the washing machine... "oh, I thought they might be important".
    As for vacuums, they go up the terrible Goblin thing I have access too. But for large numbers, dustpan and brush first, then vacuum the stragglers.

Comment

see everybody loves the sound of bbs in a dyson ... the thing is our hoover isn't a dyson, and there is a real danger that the bbs will explode out the side of this crapheap, put it this way the last one he got us couldn't suck up a 0.2g bb, it would take them up the nozzle and they would spin around but the moment you turned off the machine they would drop out the end along with all the dust and hair n stuff. ¬¬

also the sound is probably worse than nails down a black board. I always imagine that putting metal in a blender is the equivalent sound to bbs in a hoover.

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

Use a good ol' dust pan and brush!

Current armoury: G&G CM16 Raider-L, JG AK47 Tactical, WE M9

Comment

Originally posted by bobfish View Post
          see everybody loves the sound of bbs in a dyson ... the thing is our hoover isn't a dyson, and there is a real danger that the bbs will explode out the side of this crapheap
          The easy solution is to buy your own hoover. A Henry is something like £75-100, and like the expert (Jez) says, it will suck longer than Justin Bieber's back catalogue - in other words, it will outlast your current accomodation. If you really want weapons-grade, a ShopVac will suck up both solids and liquids.

The difficult solution is to stop spilling BBs all over the place. I shoot a few hundred rounds a week indoors (didn't want them in the garden, in case the pet rabbits took a liking to them) and a decent pellet trap (or in my case, a shoebox fronted by paper, backed with a towel and filled with newpaper) catches almost all of the spherical bastards.

Originally posted by Jez@Elite View Post
          Wrong, dysons are only good for home use, Henry's last forever, it's why I own 75
          I feel like you're misdescribing your occupation as 'cleaner', unless you have 75 arms.

Comment

Originally posted by Jez@Elite View Post
            Wrong, dysons are only good for home use, Henry's last forever, it's why I own 75
            well the dyson is the home vacuum, the henry is the workshop/ bb catcher and when i need to clean up at work, if its ours, it'll be a henry, if its the customers, it could be anything.....
            Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
              The easy solution is to buy your own hoover. A Henry is something like £75-100, and like the expert (Jez) says, it will suck longer than Justin Bieber's back catalogue - in other words, it will outlast your current accomodation. If you really want weapons-grade, a ShopVac will suck up both solids and liquids.

The difficult solution is to stop spilling BBs all over the place. I shoot a few hundred rounds a week indoors (didn't want them in the garden, in case the pet rabbits took a liking to them) and a decent pellet trap (or in my case, a shoebox fronted by paper, backed with a towel and filled with newpaper) catches almost all of the spherical bastards.

I'm only there for one year though, and back home we have a good hoover so there would be no use for it, we told the landlord to get a henry, he just doesn't see the point. as you say £75 - £100 ... to last say 6 years. Whereas he's brought 3 hoovers for probably £20 in the past 2 years. And we barely use the hoovers (because they are so awful)

also £100 is 3 airsoft games! not that I have £20 let alone £100 lol

Comment

I actualy use a cheap asda hoover that copes with sucking up the loose bbs without any issues, and as long as you empty it regularly it'll keep going like that

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post

I feel like you're misdescribing your occupation as 'cleaner', unless you have 75 arms.
                  Cleaner/manager ect

I run tings

Comment

sounds like you need to spend some beer money on a asda smart price vacuum like i have in my caravan picks everything up and is bag less cost £25 last time i checked

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Originally posted by meddy View Post
                      sounds like you need to spend some beer money on a asda smart price vacuum like i have in my caravan picks everything up and is bag less cost £25 last time i checked
                      oooh i couldn't dip into my beer fund :/
                      think of the children!!!

but I may look into this smart price hoover it's been cited twice as being worthwhile.

Comment

Hehe i forgot about them guess thell have to libve on smart price larger for a week or 3
                        my little vacume picks leather scraps nicely bottle tops and bbs are no sweat it also wizes around like a dycon sometimes
                        Only realy defeated by tissue and socks :p

How long till zero one start selling tatical vacume cleaners with ris rail pipes

meddy

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Originally posted by meddy View Post
                          Hehe i forgot about them guess thell have to libve on smart price larger for a week or 3
                          my little vacume picks leather scraps nicely bottle tops and bbs are no sweat it also wizes around like a dycon sometimes
                          Only realy defeated by tissue and socks :p

How long till zero one start selling tatical vacume cleaners with ris rail pipes

meddy
                          smart price larger .. I would not wish that on my worst enemy lol

Comment

I live with my parents in law and spilt a bag of 5000 on the floor while they were out once hahaha

Ohhh the panicked voice of me and my brother in law trying to clean up as they were on there way back

5 months later and we still are finding BB's every where

Comment

The misses just hovers all mine up! Get nagged at the time but it they seem to get everywhere!

Comment

A little wgile ago my mum was helping me carry some kit upstairs and decided she didnt want me to have the bag of bbs id bought that day (~4900 bbs left) and threw them down the stairs. There were about a hundred left in the bag....
                                -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                                -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bobfish Find out more about bobfish
                                Working...
                                X