Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual torch mounts for RIS

Hi,

Does anybody know where I could get hold of a RIS mount to hold two torches?

Seb

Re: Dual torch mounts for RIS

anybody?

Comment

wow calm down only been 19 minutes since you last asked...

why 2 torches? what is the plan - might be able to help out
      |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

hi,

sorry didn't realise it had only been 19 mins! It's basically for cosmetics but also might come in useful when shooting in different positions and being able to access one torch easier than another.

Comment

just seems a little pointless

what gun is this for?
          |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

It's for an M4 and also G36c.

Here is a picture which may be of use:

Comment

If you under mount on both, then its problem solved, you can offhand shoot as the torch wont get hidden by an obstruction, or you can shoot normally as for the same reason above, saves money, time and keeps the weight down on your gun.

My motto is just because you have 18feet of RIS, it dont mean you have to use all 18feet of RIS, then buy addon RIS to add more pointlessness to the mix.
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I have 2 torches mounted on my M500 for CQB and dark areas.

On one side of the mount, I've got a surefire clone, with a pressure pad positioned above the pump so I can switch it on and off with my left thumb (left forefingers for the laser).

On the bottom of the mount I've got a small led torch, with a red lens, for movement/map reading etc, which I can switch on and off with (again) my left thumb.

The set up is shown below (but before the red lens was sorted).

sigpic

Comment

RR, thats nearly what i'm after. Is there any way you can configure this to mount the torches vertically?

Seb

Comment

Vertically?

As in pointed up or down?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                      Vertically?

As in pointed up or down?
                      No, sorry, I meant as its like in the photo I posted. one on top of the other.

seb

Comment

Seb, there is no photo above!

You can get a triple barrel mount, that could be turned to give you 2 mounts on one side. Or, have a look on fleabay at the ris mounts and you may well find a double mount that you could put onto an existing side ris.

Personally, I'd go with pressure switches and then they can be fitted anywhere. The lower torch on mine is literally by my thumb if I don't wrap my thumb round the pump. If I do wrap my thumb round, the pressure switch for the other is exactly where my thumb would be.

If you plan it right, you won't need a weird set up to get 2 torches working.
                        sigpic

Comment

RR, Look up this thread and you will find a picture which I posted of the dual mounts which I am after. Im not going for a complex setup, im just after a vertical mount which will accompany two torches.

Seb

Comment

It's not coming up on my PC (?).
                            sigpic

Comment

its quite a big photo. (apologies) Wait for it to load perhaps?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sebct Find out more about sebct
                              Working...
                              X