Ares VS JG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares VS JG?

**This is in terms of the low price point G36C only, not ARES top end stuff**

Now Christmas is over I'm in the market for a couple of new rifles this pay day :D

I'm currently looking at a dragunov, but the other is a G36.

I've been keen on the look of the G36 for a while, I've shot a JG G36 and G36c at my local site, and although there really is no difference at all in the way they shoot. I notice that the C is always cheaper, even though it is technically the same rifle, just a little shorter on the barrel and foregrip.

So are the ARES G36C's any good as I saw one on the Z1 store? I hear they have a V3 and are all moulded plastic, the same as the JG and they look similar, but I am wondering whether the ARES G36's is worth the extra cash - is it much better quality? It's likely that whichever one I buy will have the hop and barrel upgraded anyway and possibly other parts in future.

So which would be worth it do you think? With the ARES comming in at around 60 more than the JG?

Thanks,
    Last edited by steveoz; 11 January, 2010, 09:16. Reason: thread title should have been ARES g36 vs JG but didn't come out right, wanted to clarify my point at top of topic
    Weapons of Choice:
    G&G SOC-16
    Socom Gear NOVAK neXt 1911
    JG - AK47 tactical
    VFC Scar - L
    Custom Benelli M3 Super 90

Re: Ares VS JG?

Personally i think the jg 36 series are the best cloned guns china has made bar none. They are absolute troopers. They have a good hop and a tb barrel. So you only thing you really need to do is check and see if it needs to be cleaned. though the new src models are worth a look if you are after the kv model with the large battery stock.

Comment

Thanks, they do look similar but I've not seen the Ares one in the flesh.

The JG G36's I have held and shot - although plastic, did seem very sturdy and shot very straight as stock items.

I wonder if many of the same parts are used? I didn't want to buy cheap for the sake of cheap though, so if the ARES one was clearly better, IE more metal and some better parts I would get that.
      Weapons of Choice:
      G&G SOC-16
      JG - AK47 tactical
      VFC Scar - L

Comment

well, i have CA G36C and its an excellent lil gun, it works great for both, CQB and normal woodland etc. Also looks very sexy i believe :p. If you can get a JG, go for one of them, as i know they are known to make good clones.
        I apologize for anything that might pxss you off

rate me: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37396

Comment

the JG G36c doesnt come with a TB barrel, but the externals are brilliant, i lobbed mine and fell on it several times and never broke mine.
          Originally posted by fijitstiks
          they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
          Originally posted by N3ADS
          Is this you talking from experience ?..
          Originally posted by fijitstiks
          i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

The JG G36C is one of the best china clones there is! It's very robust and performs great with stock internals. Mine is still running perfectly after years of use.

Seb

Comment

Originally posted by crotmate View Post
              the JG G36c doesnt come with a TB barrel, but the externals are brilliant, i lobbed mine and fell on it several times and never broke mine.
              Is 6.04 not considered tb?

And to the OP, all the makes of 36 jg/tm/ca/ares/src are interchangeable for foregips, stocks etc.

Comment

I have the JG G36K with picatinny rail and silencer mate. I have 13 other weapons and this one is now my primary. Solid as a rock fires like a dream, semi doesn't lock up, mags feed flawlessly, good range and very good accuracy.

There is no flexing of any of the plastics and the Alloy Ris is good quality too, if a little sharp around the edges. The gun is light so is easy to carry around without a sling, mine broke on the first day as it is cheapo. Xsite use JG G36for their hire weapons now, removing all the M4's and AK' from use so that says a lot for its reliability. Highly recommended
                Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Thanks guys, so it sounds like I may as well save 60 quid and go for a JG then?

Anything worth upgrading off the bat such as hop up and barrel / motor etc?
                  Weapons of Choice:
                  G&G SOC-16
                  JG - AK47 tactical
                  VFC Scar - L

Comment

The JG has a fantastic reputation for reliability. It's made of ABS though, so doesn't feel as real.

The Ares is made from the same nylon fibre as the real weapon, and is supposed to have good trades. Plus, as it's a clone of the CA, it has the quick spring change system.

Horses for courses, really. I've had my eye on an Ares G36 for some time, but I like my guns to be as close to the original as possible in terms of materials and weight.
                    sigpic

Comment

personally if there isnt much in the price i would go for the ares

the exterior is much better quality - the JG feels ok but it definately feels toyish, the ares is made out of some kind of fibre reinforced polymer just like the real one so it feels much better

the JG g36c is generally considered to be the most reliable china clone - but thats only in terms of clones, i beleive the ares will still have better quality internals out of the box

plus real trade marks if realism is your thing
                      |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

The CA ones don't have a quick change spring gearbox that's purely Star/ARES.

externally the Star one I ahd was very good - however it internal components were poorly finished and badly assembled 9mine had chronic hop and feed issue's from the word go)

The JG ones don't have trade's or such a nice finish but are pretty durable and seem to last well.

Comment

I was under the impression the real G36 body was ABS hence I guess the real feels plastic too?

EDIT Just reread the reply above apologies.

I have a JG and a Star in different models the Star feels like the real deal. Think JG are rock solid until they go, then they're a nightmare.

Comment

Not not really a nightmare.

A version 3 gearbox is a version 3 gearbox. Taking it apart is actually easier in some ways, the pins certainly weren't as stiff when I had to take my CA 36 apart ages ago.

I've owned the CA and have a JG 36C sitting in my house now (repaired it) - the optics on the JG are better than on the CA. Sorry, but they really are......

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

steveoz Find out more about steveoz
                            Working...
                            X