Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas G39 Hybrid idea

Hey guys,

so my housemate has a gas WE G39. He currently runs it as a K- IDZ or a standard E. However, he REALLY hates the G36 magazines because of the notches.
    We had this idea that we could potential use one of those G36 M4 magazine adapters.
    We've done some research and it looks promising

If anyone happens to have a spare M4 magwell adapter or a WE M4 nozzle going cheap I would really appreciate you dropping me a PM.
    We're trying to do this on the cheap in the likelihood that this project doesn't actually work!

I'd also like to hear peoples ideas and thoughts on this.
    Kiran Payne
    TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
    Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Re: Gas G39 Hybrid idea

You could try the G36 P mags, they are very nice and fit in M4 mag pouches
    IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

Some folks on a gas gun info discussion forum have toyed with this idea. Not sure how far they got. Not only the nozzle but the chamber lugs need to be adapted for the M4 "bolt face". Replace the hop up set also?
      http://www.youtube.com/badabingpictures

https://www.facebook.com/BadaBingPictures

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyyy View Post
        You could try the G36 P mags, they are very nice and fit in M4 mag pouches
        I'm sure he could if they made them for gas guns...
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Oh cool, I might try and track down the thread.
          So the idea is to get an M4 nozzle and adapt it to fit with the G36 hop unit.
          we're going to butcher one of the AEG M4 magwell adapters and see if it hold the magazine high enough in the receiver to achieve gas transfer
          Kiran Payne
          TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil

sigpic

Comment

They do make the Pmags for gas guns, pretty sure I saw em somehwere.

Nice idea though.

Comment

Ah, I mis-read haha
              IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

Originally posted by S3V3R View Post
                Oh cool, I might try and track down the thread.
                So the idea is to get an M4 nozzle and adapt it to fit with the G36 hop unit.
                we're going to butcher one of the AEG M4 magwell adapters and see if it hold the magazine high enough in the receiver to achieve gas transfer
                Good luck to you man, i hate the G36 mags for being so clunky and huge, but love the gas efficiency of it.
                http://www.youtube.com/badabingpictures

https://www.facebook.com/BadaBingPictures

Comment

If it annoys him that much shave the mags down.
                  -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                  -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Or get G36 pouches.

I have begadi Open top G36 pouches and they are awesome.
                    Don't get caught on things, very quick to draw and great quality. And it doesn't mean getting horrible M4 mags on your G36 or defacing G36 mags.

Get a G36 and wear the wrong gear, of course your housemate will get annoyed with them
                    Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

Yeah, the G39 mags are £40 a pop, hes not going to be defacing the magazines :P

In terms of the magazine pouches, hes using german military kit (which you'd think would work really well with G36 kit), Im not sure the exact make, but they're a pain.

we did some testing last night, and the good news is the bolt lock on the M4 mags matches with the bolt lock in the G36 bolt, so potentially we wont loose any functionality out of it
                      Kiran Payne

sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

S3V3R Marshalled at ZED Adventures The Mall (RIP). I build ships (proper ones) and I shoot guns (toy ones). Find out more about S3V3R
                      Working...
                      X