Friend using my Ukara?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend using my Ukara?

Hi all, this is a silly question, but, I just wanted to know what would happen if a friend used my ukara number to purchase an RIF? Would I get an email about the number being used by someone else?
    His RIF would be kept under my roof until he gets his Ukara. I don't really think that it's such a good idea because he could just skirmish enough to acquire one, but I just want to know what would happen if he ordered one using my number.

Re: Friend using my Ukara?

Not allowed

Comment

wouldn't happen, the shop would check the billing address against the UKARA registered address, wouldn't match up, sale void
      For Sale!
      TM M870 with a load of stuff
      A&K massada sniper spec
      Chronograph
      leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

alright, thanks dude.

Comment

It would turn up to your registered address.

It shouldn't happen though. Although you do not need to be UKARA'd to buy a RIF, you are not allowed to use somebody else's UKARA to do it.

Is your buddy 18 and a regular player? My advice is to make him wait and buy it himself. You could have your membership revoked if found out and will just make life difficult for you for future purchases (although not impossible)

What you should be more concerned about the amount of flaming this thread will create!

Comment

Originally posted by Montague View Post
            Hi all, this is a silly question, but, I just wanted to know what would happen if a friend used my ukara number to purchase an RIF? Would I get an email about the number being used by someone else?
            His RIF would be kept under my roof until he gets his Ukara. I don't really think that it's such a good idea because he could just skirmish enough to acquire one, but I just want to know what would happen if he ordered one using my number.
            If he buys for it, even if it is kept under your roof, you would be breaking the rules of the system (but not, as far as I know, the law)

however, if you where to pay for it, and keep it, and lend it to him on games days, that would (in theory) be fine, since it would basically be the same as sites lending/renting out RIFs.
            and he could always buy it off you once he has his UKARA/other proof of defense.

However, remember that this is all IN THEORY. personally I'd say he should wait, since it's the best way to keep both of you 100% on the right side of the rules.
            Not actually a builder
            Not actually called Bob.

Comment

To cut a long story short... DONT!

Comment

Get him to wait ... Easiest thing to do

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Just buy it for him. Who's going to check?...

Comment

Don't encourage it! It's people doing things like this that will ruin things for us all. Just stick to the rules, don't play games with them.

Comment

Even if I buy it for him, it's still going to be illegal, even if it's under my roof.

Comment

Glad to hear you're seeing sense mate. Well done!

Comment

Make him wait bud, its not worth the risk!

Comment

Yes - unless you are satisfied he has a defence and is over 18.

If you know he is over 18 and are satisfied that he is a genuine player, then it is a bit of a loophole and not something to worry about. If however he is under 18, it is VERY illegal and if he is not a regular player he doesn't have a defence and that too is illegal.

If he has played only a couple of times but has some cash to splash, my advice is make him go some more before doing anything so he has a genuine defence - i.e. regular airsofter.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Montague I have feedback on other forums too. Find out more about Montague
                              Working...
                              X