WW2 at Open Days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW2 at Open Days?

Out of curiousity, what is the view on using WW2 kit and rifles at skirmish days? I'm going to be starting WW2 'softing, and I'm curious as to whether turning up in it will get me laughed off the site, or if I'll be treated the same. Any ideas?

Re: WW2 at Open Days?

It's never happened at our site - we had one guy turn up in the full clobber with a Thompson and was made to feel welcome and totally at ease.

He only did it the once mind...
    WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Seen a fair amount of people come down in WW2 atire. Never seen them as any different, just their cup of tea. And although I'd never go down that route it's always cool to see people that have re-made the look
      TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
      Tokyo Marui P90
      HFC M9 Special Forces
      KSC Glock 18c

Comment

alot of guys who go to the site i go to, often where ww2 / vietnam/ ww1 gear. I like it when people do it, i actually respect them more, as they made an effort etc, where as, all i did was shuv on sum DPMs and go. If you get laphed off site, i wudnt go there again, coz they would be very snobby and obviously full of them selves.
        I apologize for anything that might pxss you off

rate me: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37396

Comment

go for it mate, i skirmish almost entirely in my vietnam gear and my WW2 german uniform

Comment

Oh no, I'm not worried about my site. They're all fantastic there, really great people. Just worried about visiting other sites.

Edit: I know you do Jonny, I've seen your excellent impressions in person!

Comment

i pretty much only wear ww2/vietnam gear, i've never been laughed at whatsoever, infact i think people find it more interesting than just the normal skirmish gear and respect your effort and usually gives good conversation

Comment

I've been to Ground Zero in my WW2 german kit a couple of times, I've only ever had positive comments. It tends to work best if a few others are coming, check the Comrades in Arms website if you havent already, theres a section for open day meet ups

Comment

the more "true to the look" you go for, the more respect you will earn! Met a chap up at Phoenix woodland last January, goes by Vladamir on the boards, full loadout, U.S. para, ww2, looked the danglies! inspired my Vn loadout!

If I go Vn kitted out, i'll only use my M14, M16 and xm177, anything period, but come to think about it.... I guess its becoming an obsession, seeing as I dont have many aegs that arent from that period any more..... erm, i'll get my coat!

Comment

Just try to be accurate as you can with the kit and it won't matter to anyone. You will get people asking where you got it, not take it off.

You will get a more positive respons than sopmeone turning up in a hoody.

TBH you need a lot more dedication to get an accurate loadout from WW2 than you do for current stuff, simply because of the difficulty in sourcing the kit.
                    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I love playNam kit, its good to be different
                      Ive played at the courthouse in full loadout including helmet and me and a mate both wear Nam at mia

The only slight change I make and I know some wont agree with this is instead of wearing my jungle light weights I wear a normal set of British OGs as although I am one for trying to be accurate I'm not made of money and they are the bit of kit most likely to take damage
                      I save my issued OGs for Nam games, its not because I'm trying to cut corners, its just that I can't afford to replace them currently

Comment

As long as you are happy that you look the part dude. Corners must be cut on occasion, it's just the way it is.
                        Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
                        you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
                        eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

Originally posted by Utrinque Paratus View Post
                          Out of curiousity, what is the view on using WW2 kit and rifles at skirmish days? I'm going to be starting WW2 'softing, and I'm curious as to whether turning up in it will get me laughed off the site, or if I'll be treated the same. Any ideas?
                          If the site is worth staying at, you wont get any negative reaction. You may even get guys coming up and asking about your gear and such, asking to see it, all the better Imo.
                          If they do laugh malliciously, just leave. It wont be worth staying for the first game. You shouldnt have any trouble at any professional site tho. Eg, at GZ, I dont think youd ever get laughed AT for your choice of gear
                          G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                          RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Not really any different from wearing a different camo from what other are wearing. As long as you enjoy playing the part go for it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Utrinque Paratus Find out more about Utrinque Paratus
                            Working...
                            X