Dean's Connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean's Connectors

Sorry if this has already been brought up but deans connectors, worth getting as ive heard can improve guns but upto 15% and how much would a rough price be to get brought and fitted properly.
    Any other comments on deans connecters welcome i just want to get why everyone is raving on about them.

Re: Dean's Connectors

Right, when you say they improve guns, that's rubbish, the gun doesn't change.

They are just a replacement for you tamiya connector, they're just normal electrical contacts, there's nothing super special about them - they are just what connects to the battery and to the wires that go to the gearbox. What is good about them is that they are smaller, and have less resistance, so your gun may fire slightly faster as when you pull the trigger the circuit may be faster - but this is a very small difference - like tenths of a second :p Some other people may be bothered to explain further for you.

As for fitting it's just soldering, they're like £2 and you could do it yourself.
    Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

Okay cheers mate. Worth changing then?

Comment

fitted properly? you simply need to cut off the tamiya connectors, and solder on the deans one, its soooo simple! someone you know must be able to solder, buy one and learn, its ever so simple, trust me!

I was impressed with the difference, not sure on 15%, but I recorded the sound of my CA M4cqb seals, then with deans, theres DEFFO a difference! so did all my other guns! The simple fact is, if you reduce the resistance the current has, the more of your discharge rate is accessed. Pointless though, if you have crappy wiring, if its thin and tatty, change that too, go for the thickest wire you can fit! 18 or 16 awg wire (silicone, nice and flexy)

Check though, some wiring has a tamiya connector at the battery end, AND a mini tamiya at the gearbox end (rear wired armalites, others ect) if you do go down the deans route, no point changing one set at the battery end and not the other at the gearbox end!

Comment

Well if i change i will change all the connectors and all new wiring.

Comment

what aeg you planning to work on George?

Comment

tm g36c and maybe my jg g36c

Comment

ah, should be very simple for you mate, tm wiring is very good, no need to change that, jg, dunno, never owned one, but not heard any horror stories either.

yeh, it does have a two peice wiring loom, change them both

Comment

can anyone pm me on where to get a 10v.8 deans connector crane stock battery thanks

Comment

Take a normal battery, and replace with deans

Comment

Any guides on how to do it as im not really too keen on just riping the old ones out and soldering new ones on.

Comment

Originally posted by George Sparrow View Post
                        ive heard can improve guns but upto 15%

brilliant!

Comment

Guide? nah, all you need to do fella, is cut off the tamiya connector, as close as you can to the block, then solder them onto the deans, same on the battery, its that easy.

You wont need to upgrade the wires on the tm, I wouldnt bother either on the jg, unless you know how to play about with the gearbox.... infact, dont, just dont! it will all end in tears! lol

Comment

Dont cut the Tamiya connector off!

Tamiya connectors can be useful, say if you find yourself without a proper charger and a battery that has that connector for a different gun, then you can use the tamiya on a bit of wire in a Pro Peak charger or whatever.

It's pretty easy to take Tamiya connectors off
                            Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Evan mate,

If he cuts off the connector, he'll have the connector to use and two bare wires, which is exactly what he wants....

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

George Sparrow Find out more about George Sparrow
                              Working...
                              X