Removing Krylon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Krylon

Hey guys I was silly enough to spray my two-tone gun black and having read various post have discovered this to be illegal! Are there any good ways to remove krylon? I have tried sand paper and elbow greese to little avail! Or would I be better spraying the gun with a bright green spraypaint? Cheers

Re: Removing Krylon

your better off spraying it back to bright green, or to get a really nice smooth finish sand it then spray it

Comment

why dont you just leave it?

Comment

he said. cuz its illegal

Comment

Thats silly. You should of read the law before spraying it! Anway, i suggest using rough 'wet and dry' sandpaper, then smooth it down with light sandpaper. Go over it with water to get rid of any loose paint left.

Then re-spray it bright green.

Comment

I did but no one seems to give a straight answer lol! Apparently it's a "gray area"?! But anyway repraying seens like the way to go! Can anyone reccomend a brand of good spray paint for plastic?

Comment

Alternatively, spray it bright green with no preparation. Them, once you are able to rely on the skirmishing defence, it will be easier to strip it off again.
              sigpic

Comment

It is not really a grey area. basically if you meet all the criteria to be able to by a new RIF from a shop. UKARA, Site Membership Defence, then you are proberbly be covered, for changing a IF to a RIF, but as my UKARA sticky says, as of yet we have not had a case brought up in court to say one way or the other.

I applaude you though for realising you may have made an error and are looking to sort it.

Other people have suggested using a Paint remover designed for plasic models, from model shops I belive, and then using Kryon Paint.

Sniperian did you read his post properly, or did you just think advicing him to flout the law was a good idea.... that rates up there with your hold a pyro till it goes off thread

Comment

i read it wrong but i dont get what you mean by "that rates up there with your hold a pyro till it goes off thread?"

Comment

Good of you to own up mate and realise what you have done is wrong, this is the mentality of airsoft we need and expect,

To remove krylon it might be a case of a long procedure taking days of constant use of paint stripper slowly taking that paint off, problem is it may also take the manufacturers paint off as well (the original green)

Comment

the plastic could be green though?

Comment

it doe's depend wether or not the original green was paint or molded plastic. but yes the best way to remove the paint would be to get a paint stripping solution apparently Methyl Ethyl Ketone is good but can melt some plastics. and apply thinly with a paint brush and using wet dry sand it off. method is most important to get a even finish do a bit at a time and not the whole thing at once unless you don't mind a patchy finish.
                        sigpic

Team B.C.T.U

Comment

Was stripping krylon the other day used paint stripped a rough side of a sponge and elbow grease.

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9861
                          http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/fo...eputation=2700

Comment

thinners will remove it, just a little at a time and lots of paper towels

Comment

I know people who have just used white spirit and they said it worked a treat.

Bert.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apache Find out more about Apache
                              Working...
                              X