Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• star m249 - was it a mistake?

ok i recently picked up a star m249 in a relativly fantastic deal

however my first impressions of the weapon are poor, for a start its far far FAR too light weight, i can weild it with one hand which is something i cannot say about my m4s

also it cannot take m4 mags for backup, the battery is stored in the box mag making it a pain to carry a spare

the performance seems ok but it just doesnt feel right, and im rather dissapointed

----

so no sure what to do.. keep it because i got it for a good price

or sell it and get a full metal one, CA, G&P maybe even a&k?
    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Re: star m249 - was it a mistake?

STAR M249's have been shit in my experience, i would get rid of it if i were you and buy a proper support weapon, one that actually feels like one. Only problem is that the G&P and CA ones cost a rediculous amount...
    My Trader Feedback - http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...6065-Dan-Jones

Comment

is there no metal frames and what no you can buy just to make it feel more weighty?

Comment

shadow its the reason i got rid of my star m249 para it just felt all wrong with weight even her in doors didnt like it ! she liked the m60 more lol

get shut and get another support weapon ( the acm m60's and 42's will soon be here )
        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

yea i think ill just get rid of it

for the price im going to get i can only afford an a&k though - although they seem to have a good cred at the moment

im just not a fan of clones
          |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

I would say get an a&k and whack a few new bits in it.
            there supposed to be amazing

Comment

i'd also say get rid of it mate.

as soon as the star m249's appeared on the market the second hand forums were full of people wanting to get rid of them.

there is better out there imo

kind regards
              mac
              Originally posted by Coz
              Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Personnally, being a skinny chap, I love the fact it's so light weight!

Having said that, it doesn't seem to agree with any aftermarket parts very well at all which isn't good news seeing as I need a new gear set ¨¨
                Does not speak moron.

Comment

I owned a STAR M249 for about a year and to be honest it went back to Z1 for a replacement gearbox shell after about a month and then replaced that one with the wild monkey metal gearbox but then the wiring failed then the plastic trigger broke off twice and then the main spring tried to fire itself out of the gun so i reached the point of fix it and get rid of it before it breaks again.

However the idea of a light weight support weapon was a good one (try lugging a CA/A&K around all day) it was just let down by the internals which was a shame.

But as has been said get rid of while you can.

curlyboy
                  'I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around' Han Solo

Comment

I wouldn't suggest trying to flog it on here either If you cannot afford a full on Support weapon, perhaps look into bulking up a regular rifle?
                    ----------------
                    Armoury

JG Krinkov
                    DE M47 Shotgun
                    Jieke P355 Mod

Comment

The A&K one isnt that heavy either! it weighed the same as my star L85? dont know if its meant to be like that but ohwelll. gilome has one and tbh it is quite good.:D

Comment

i was very surprised with the weight of my mates a&k very light, especially compared to my old top m249 which weighs a ton
                        m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

would you say the top was real weight?

Comment

i wouldnt say as heavy as a real one probably a kilo or two lighter, but the top is all steel construction whearas the a&k is all ally and die cast ,the reason its so light.
                            m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

This thread is saving me doing one as im looking at an A&K PARA....keep it up...mark
                              Warrior L96
                              TM FULL STOCK M4 s-system
                              A&K M249 para
                              WE High Capa 5.1 GBB

Trade feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7927

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shadowcaptain Something About Yourself... oh shit i dont think thats what it meant by "write something about yourself"basically i am alex rhodes, the one and only :Pi like to think of myself as just an average guy, with a good sense of humour, and some ace friendsim not big on myself so i will leave the judgements up to you...i just hope they are all goodso there you go...on the most basic of levels that is me___send us a message ____im allways about to answer them and will ALLWAYS REPLY unlike some peopleAlex Rhodes, (aka ShadowCaptain) x Find out more about shadowcaptain
                              Working...
                              X