Feasability of a 350fps DMR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feasability of a 350fps DMR?

So, want to spark a little discussion here on DMRs, with the restriction of firing at 350fps. Now this may seem a little nonsensical, as one of the reasons people choose DMRs is for the increase in fps to allow for greater ranges.

But my question is, could a decent DMR be created from a rifle shooting at 350fps? And if so how would you do it? Tightbores, hop units, better wiring, improved batteries, ammunition weights, proper zeroing (which should be done regardless)? I'm asking as one site I'm looking to play at has a 350fps max on any weapon but I'm still keen on running a DMR to provide accurate and (hopefully, but maybe not) longer range firepower.

Not overly keen on neutering my toy though if its unfeasible though, least I'd not have to worry about MED.
    "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
    Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Re: Feasability of a 350fps DMR?

Finely tune a TM M14 with a Tightbore to around 345 fps with tiny variance ad yes. I have been told they have very good range. So while it pains me to say it, you might want to do some research on "What am bestest gun" to find out the best range rifles available and seeing if you like the look of it. Another example might be the Real sword SVD with a smaller spring? Something along those lines.
    "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

FPS is the least thing to consider when it comes to range/accuracy.

My TM P90 is 320fps and still hits out to about 170ft.

Look at the hop unit, hop rubber, hop rub, barrel (6.03/4 would be the best), how clean the barrel is and the round your using.

Comment

I've got a long m4 I run on semi with an ASCU and an 11.1v. It's snappy as a PTW and the madbull ultimate hop/ultimate hop combo give it the ability to shoot consistently with a .25. It shoots about 330fps...

Remember, designated marksman is a role and not a weapon. Flank out wide, use stealth and positioning to pick off key enemies in the thick of a firefight...

Comment

I'd think aiming for an air-tight, stable firing system would be ideal. You wouldn't be firing full-auto so each bb would have time to leave the mag and properly set in the hop-up unit, so I'd imagine that you'd try to make every gearbox cycle as smooth and consistent as possible, aiming for the most accurate and precise shooting over range.
          Originally posted by Lt. Macka
          big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateP90 View Post
            FPS is the least thing to consider when it comes to range/accuracy.

My TM P90 is 320fps and still hits out to about 170ft.

Look at the hop unit, hop rubber, hop rub, barrel (6.03/4 would be the best), how clean the barrel is and the round your using.
            That's only true when comparing different guns. If you make you p90 400 fps it will have better range.

Edit: Yes, there could be issues such as soft vs hard rubber but you get my point.
            "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Hop rubber, hop unit, barrel, very consistent gearbox. Deepfire nozzles are some of the best for improving airseal!
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I actually kinda expected this thread to be full of naysayers, glad its not, because it'd be sweet running a DMR without the restrictions (still going to have it hard locked to semi though lol). And can't help but think it'd be funny doing CQB with an EBR. xD

Now I just need to get it in my hands and see where to start lol. Cheers for the input so far guys, any recommendations on bb weights at around 350 fps? Bearing in mind it'll be used in semi-auto.
                "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

Point two eight gram six millimetre polystyrene jacket

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                    Point two eight gram six millimetre polystyrene jacket

Polystyrene Jacket FTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Christo View Post
                      That's only true when comparing different guns. If you make you p90 400 fps it will have better range.

Edit: Yes, there could be issues such as soft vs hard rubber but you get my point.
                      Never said it wouldnt. Just said its the least of this to adjust before the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto View Post

Polystyrene Jacket FTW.
                        no boobs ftl

Comment

Originally posted by eatthis View Post
                          no boobs ftl
                          [/IMG]http://www.joytonight.com/other-stuff/women-corner/make-up/being-beautiful/big_breasts2.jpg[/IMG]

There's your boobs! Apparently boobs and polyester jackets don't co-exist.

Comment

I would probably be tempted to use an Aluminium bearing piston head as the weight won't be an issue. Sorbo, ultra torque motor and an 11.1.

If it were mine I would use a full metal tooth piston too. R hop of some variety.

Make sure your bb's are good quality and consistent size, decent barrel.

Shouldn't be far away at that.
                            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

What midas says - he knows his excrement.

I just put a new barrel/hop unit/rubber in my 14.5" m4 - I'm now looking at loading up on .25s to boost the accuracy even more, I have a mate who runs a semi locked rifle at 350fps on .28s - its devastating.

So this is entirely doable :D
                              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fenrisianspirit I'm a huge geek. I love tinkering with computers, playing vidya games and listening to music.Why not zoidberg? Find out more about Fenrisianspirit
                              Working...
                              X