This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New to the UK

Yes but it also illegal to import a gun with out a defence. by your logic i could go on holiday buy an airsoft gun in another country and then bring it back to the UK with out a valid defence.
    Reformed Pacifist

Comment

Originally posted by wildething View Post
      Yes but it also illegal to import a gun with out a defence. by your logic i could go on holiday buy an airsoft gun in another country and then bring it back to the UK with out a valid defence.

Please read post #12 a few above.
      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Ask customs, they'll decide.
        #12 is wrong also, you still require a defence to import, intent to skirmish might pass might, but he's 15, he can't do anything :p

Comment

Atich is right best thing to do is contact UKBA. BAMF I read your post i still do not think the past history in another country will count for anything in the UK regards defence.
          Reformed Pacifist

Comment

"My logic" as was pointed out, was that a person cannot just go on holiday and buy on a whim. I also mention that they would have to be declared as a restricted item and the duty officer on the day will make any decision whether to allow them or not.

Immigrating into the UK and returning from holiday are viewed quite differently by UKBA/Customs and in this case, as they would form part of the family's shipment back here, then an explanation may be sufficient...was my point.
            There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Ok fair enough. but now even yourself is saying he is on shaky ground doing what you said is fine to do and won't be a problem. I'm may be wrong but waiting and getting his UKARA runs no risk of losing his guns.
              Reformed Pacifist

Comment

Originally posted by wildething View Post
                Ok fair enough. but now even yourself is saying he is on shaky ground doing what you said is fine to do and won't be a problem. I'm may be wrong but waiting and getting his UKARA runs no risk of losing his guns.
                I'm sorry, but your comment makes no sense to me? I honestly don't understand the first sentence bud, but as he's only 15, you'd suggest leaving his already bought guns in storage for 3 years while he waits to get site registered?

Comment

I was coinciding that maybe i was being pedantic. Sorry didn't see that he had said he was 15 which case he is going to have to wait three years.
                  Reformed Pacifist

Comment

The test is for the OP to actually contact UKBA and ask them where he stands on bringing them in. As he already owns them, and has been a skirmisher in SA, then he may be able to satisfy the requirement for having the guns brought in as part of his family's shipment.

There aren't many more people than me who don't like to see under 18s buying, or attempting to buy guns on these forums, but this kid already owns them. If common sense were applied by the relevant authority given the circumstances, then I would imagine he has a very good chance of bringing them in.

Sadly however, in this day and age, common sense is very lacking indeed!

Comment

Grey area I'm afraid, on one hand he owns them already and plays regularly in the his current country of residence on the other hand and couinting against him, he is 15 and moving to a country where you are considered a criminal just because you enjoy playing a game that involves items that resemble guns.

No wonder our armed forces are shrinking!

Logic really plays no part in this, it really is going to be down to whoever inspects thier belongings when the arrive in the UK. I'm guessing most belongings will be shipped in seperately from the people, unless they are coming by banana boat. My advise is simple, get in touch with a skirmish site near to where you are moving, explain to them whats happening and express extreme interest in playing there when you arrive, contact customs well in advance, give them a full and honest explanation, including said conversation with local skirmish site and hopefully, I mean hopefully you will be seen as a person with a legitimate reason to want to bring the items in, if not....welcome to Britain, home of the free, unless you like playing Airsoft.

Comment

Customs don't operate on good intentions, he needs THEM to tell him what he can or can't do, moaning about cruel brittania is futile'

Comment

Am I the only one that seems to understand where BAMF is coming from?
                          I'm pretty sure he knows a few bits about UK law.

When I go away with work, I have to reasonably prove that anything I come back with restricted or not went with me in the first place (wether it did or didn't really doesn't matter).

There is no law or rule in the UK that states an under 18 is not allowed to own a RIF!!!!!
                          Only to buy a RIF/IF.
                          He is emigrating, emigrating is a whole different kettle of fish than 'going on holiday', the only things stopped and destroyed are illegal to own in the UK items, restricted items are investigated to check the are legal in the UK, as there is no law that says he can't own the said item, customs can't hold it.
                          section 24 of the 1968 Act
                          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Howzit J

Its me Byron, dont worry about all of this non-sense!!! take your guns with and enjoy the games,declare them as firearms...Iv done it and it was no problem...jeez guys they are toys afterall. Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

Comment

No mention of FPS by anyone! He also needs to have that sorted cos Mummy & Daddy doing 5 yrs for importing Sec 5 firearms may mean a short stay

Comment

Byron to the resuce!

What about the FPS?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JAYJ Find out more about JAYJ
                                Working...
                                X