Bren machine gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren machine gun

Hey lads sorry if this is the wrong thread area for this i just didnt know were to put it

Anyways i have had a recent obsession with Brens since my grandad speaks so well off them when he used to use them and from cod5

So anyways lads i was looking to build one or atleast save up for any expensive one since there amazing

i was thinking get someone to cnc the body and wood get an m60 barrel with a fancy flash hider and use an upside down gearbox with m16/m4 midcaps in the top since i dont belive high caps wind upside down correct me if i am wrong

Any help would be nice thanks
    Alex

Re: Bren machine gun

Sounds like a wicked idea! Always nice to see something unique on the field!

Have you thought about the hopup unit? Turning the GB & a midcap upside down would work. But then the hopup would feed in from the top, spinning the pellet down instead of up.

Comment

Ahh killer idea, keep us updated on that one!

And yeah, the hopup would be upside down, though not much of a problem i'm guessing.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abTGAP7tG0Y&NR=1
        make one of these lol

Comment

technically its a light machine gun

like the B.A.R.

hopup wise, you'd be looking at a P90 one, as its top loading, if you fancied a project, DO IT

or if your like me and really cant be assed, a certain place does them for £850, but ive gathered im not alloud to tell you because ive had a warning for giving someone a URL
          sooo... yeah.

might aswell try
          have you tried looking at a sten?

Tom.

Comment

ahh im fixed on the brens mate yeaah i wanted to be a bit unique
            you can pm me the url you know

i was thinking off the p90 gear box but it loads behind the trigger which isnt good either way i do it i will either have a trigger or hopup problem :/

Comment

thats true, ill give you the link via PM, but the guy who makes these uses the p90, so its possible, but as being a custom, it may have some problems aswell

Tom.

Comment

id use a modified p90 hop unit..... as they load from the top.

as for a gearbox, an m14 one small like a p90 one, but has a trigger

Comment

Ayee thanks for that lads
                  Im going to consider my assets and decide how and which way i should do it

I will keep yous all informed on the project though

Comment

There was a replica Bren gun on these forums for sale if you're interested in that. 1:1 scale. You'd already have the externals just some milling to do to get the internals to fit and you're done. Its a replica not a de-act so its legal

Comment

if your considering one of the shoot and scoot brens,i would reconsider unless your big and i mean big.
                      the thing weighs a f*cking ton. but apart from that is very nice.
                      i do like all of warren work,i own one of his lee enfields,and would never get rid of it,mainly due to the fact i love the lee enfield rifles and it cost so much.
                      user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

Check out the Comrades In Arms forum. Theres not only a link to warrens kit but you'll also see a lot of the self builds guys from the WWII side of things have built. there'll be lots of help and advice on there I'm sure.

If you do have a look check out the 30cal someone built with sustained fire tripod and the various MG42's Very nice looking pieces of kit.

Comment

murta go on cia airsoft ( ww2 airsoft forum ) theres a few kicking about...or atleast guides on how to build them

Comment

Originally posted by doudsy View Post
                            murta go on cia airsoft ( ww2 airsoft forum ) theres a few kicking about...or atleast guides on how to build them
                            Kind of what i said aboveComrades in Arms=CIA

Comment

woops sorry I couldnt be arsed to read right down ::P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

murta369 Find out more about murta369
                              Working...
                              X