Airsoft Radios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft Radios

Hi guys what should a look out for when purchasing a radio for airsoft?

And do you have an recomended models/manufactuers?

Re: Airsoft Radios

Most go for a Motorola - tough, weatherproof (and nearly waterproof), high quality, good range and lots of third party accessories available.... You definately get what you pay for, something in the XTN range will do the job perfectly...
    Originally posted by Walter Gropius
    If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Thanks, i was just looking at the Motorola XTN446

Comment

My mate has that radio, tis a good one! PM him if you have any burning questions on it!
        Originally posted by Walter Gropius
        If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

If you want a military type headset steer clear of binatone. I bought some but you cant get PTTs that are a direct fit. Even after buying an adapter the PTT i bought still didn't work.

I sold mine and bought some Motorola ones.
          TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

Motorola seams to be the way to go....

Comment

I'd also recommend Motorola. I have some XTR446's and they do the job perfectly. They aren't too expensive either which is another plus point, especially if you're on a budget.
              sigpic

Comment

Motorola XTNID.
                AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

XTNI are prob the best but be warned you may not be able to hear your team mates if you have squalch tones programed in. Im still trying to figure out how to re program mine. Untill then im using the xtr446 and they been amazing. Also with the xtni series the headsets are more expensive (if your looking for military style one) as i had to find someone to make one from scratch using a surplus bowmans (£80)
                  Looking for a Harris style Bipod with 20mm RIS mount.

Comment

The older XTN446, or the newer XTNi/D are very good radios. All of which I've had experience with.
                    XTNiD is my current radio of choice over the XTNi - simply for ease of changing sub channel in the field without having to worry about listening to tones.
                    XTN446 still solid contender, but lack of availability at a reasonable price is the main issue (i.e. bought mine second hand £50 many years ago and since sold it... still seeing them up for and sold for £80+ which is crazy considering you can buy an XTNi for £80)

Comment

Originally posted by Fenriz View Post
                      Motorola XTNID.
                      Seconding this, we use them at work all the time and the main issue is people being morons with them and not knowing how to use them properly. Will be interesting to see how the one I picked up works with the comtacs and PTT.
                      Originally posted by Ducky View Post
                      XTNI are prob the best but be warned you may not be able to hear your team mates if you have squalch tones programed in. Im still trying to figure out how to re program mine. Untill then im using the xtr446 and they been amazing. Also with the xtni series the headsets are more expensive (if your looking for military style one) as i had to find someone to make one from scratch using a surplus bowmans (£80)
                      They're not too bad, plenty of PTTs available for the two pin motorola.
                      "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                      Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

I have Motorola TLKR T7 - Still PMR446, and single-pin headset connector.

Comment

Originally posted by a_flea View Post
                          My mate has that radio, tis a good one! PM him if you have any burning questions on it!
                          5 years and still going strong.
                          Charger blew up though, now use it with standard AA batteries, haven't had to change them in nearly a year.
                          section 24 of the 1968 Act
                          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Motorola XTNI/D very good. can be found for as little as £50 if you know where to look (second hand/refurb) if you want to take it up a notch go with the motorola GP340 you will need an ofcom license i believe but they are fantastic and have some crazy range. Just to reiterate how good the XTNI range of radios are: my regular site is EAG epsom and thats 50ft underground with a tunnel network... radio transmits perfectly and receives perfectly... My kenwoods wouldn't do that :P

X-ray

(I have the facilities to reprogram xtni/d radios if anyone is interested let me know)

Comment

I tried Cobra MT600s I had lying around from years back but found reception really bad, thought about buying more 0.5w radios but in the end I went down the 5W route to save messing about. I went for Mitex General UHF radios, these are so much better in terms of clarity although they're way more expensive (£150 for two) and need a license from Ofcom (£75 for 5 years) as do all 5W radios.
                              You can pick them up from Maplins.
                              Their customer service was impressive, I sent a mail to their customer support address not really thinking I'd get a reply. Their director mailed me right back, gave me his phone number and we had a fairly long chat.

I've seen several people using Puxing from ebay with good feedback, I think PX-888 though not totally sure, they're cheap though there's issues re: Ofcom approval as they're 5W and I reckon not approved by Ofcom / European standards etc.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GSXR MARKY Find out more about GSXR MARKY
                              Working...
                              X