Camo in unusual places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camo in unusual places

Helped my gran clear out her wardrobe today and she asked me to sell a few things on a well known online auction site and I stumbled across this it was bought 10 years ago for a wedding and I think it looks like A-TACS AU camo.

Has anybody else come across camo in unusual places?

Re: Camo in unusual places

Teenaged girls wearing those damn camo jackets that are gay as hell...
    IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

My 4 year old cousin has a pink dpm pattern waterproof!
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Not really camo, but I always see girls wearing Shemaghs.

Current armoury: G&G CM16 Raider-L, JG AK47 Tactical, WE M9

Comment

I wear a lot of urban/street/skate wear from brands like Carhartt, Addict, 10deep, Dope Chef, HUF etc and most urban/street wear originated around camo designs so I tend to wear it a lot in it's various patterns because of this, not sure if that counts but yeah. Since I'm pretty into my clothing of that genre ( alternative fashion victim yes yes) camo is pretty standard but to others I guess it could be unusual, the real 'in' right now with my brands is 'pacific camo' but US woodland based or variations are always booming although they usually give a stupid name like commando style, lol. But now all these damn 15 year hipster girls over this summer have raided this beauty and savaged it, really annoyed me

Comment

Originally posted by fnc dan View Post
            I wear a lot of urban/street wear from brands like Carhartt, Addict, 10deep, Dope Chef, HUF etc and most urban/street wear originated around camo designs so I tend to wear it a lot in it's various patterns because of this, not sure if that counts but yeah. But now all these damn 15 year hipster girls over this summer have raided this beauty and savaged it, really annoyed me :/
            I've highlighted the ironic parts of your post for you Dan.
            There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

I was in the build-a-bear shop t'other day and noticed you can get bears in ACU... pointed it out to the missus too... bless her, she didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                I've highlighted the ironic parts of your post for you Dan.
                What I mean is those brands I listed produce a lot of camo product as they stick to their roots and those are the brands I've always bought from haha :p I'm no hipster!! Or at least I hope not O.o Been busting the camo for years now! No irony.

Comment

Only pulling your Disruptive Pattern Material pud Danny boy!

There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Im feeling a bit old now but whats a hipster?

Comment

Originally posted by mack View Post
                      Im feeling a bit old now but whats a hipster?
                      I'd tell you, but definitions are too mainstream

They're people who don't like anything that alot of people like if you get me, urban dictionary it :P
                      IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

hipsters defined: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVmmYMwFj1I

Now back to airsoft

Comment

that camo alias put up looks kind like what the rebels wear in the star wars films

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/t...rSoldier06.jpg

Comment

I nearly cried last Saturday when I saw a 17 year old lassie in Taunton, she was wearing a DPM 95 shirt and had....had....had....oh god she had ruined it!!
                            Originally posted by Tiercel
                            The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Showing my age here but....

When i was a young goth/punk in the late 80s and early 90s wearing combat gear and camo was still reasonably rare. People used to say 'someone died in those' when you wore old dutch combats or you got accused of being a nazi for having an east german greatcoat. I find it really odd these days that its all pretty 'fashion' with a few years ago 'top shop' selling surplus bundewehr parkas for about £40 more than they were worth. In Nottingham at the moment the things for girls seem to be 90s french central europe pattern jackets with or without added bling/studs/glitter

For years a company called maharishi has been making 'camo' items with the camo print actually being floral or wavesor similar twists... look like odd south east asian tiger stripes from a distance but close up they are really cool designs.

TBH i find girls wandering around in 'fashion' motorhead t-shirts or 'pauls boutique' jackets more annoyingly. I nearly started up a conversation with one lass about the Beastie Boys before i realised she's have no idea what i was on about and they were rock and 80s t-shirts in 'im so retro and cool way' rather than actually likeing the bands.

Like i say, showing my age there.

(on a similar note i was in 'isolation' at school for having my hair red and a mohawk/undercut... now it's practically mainstream... i only mind because I had no end of shit in my youth for looking different and noone cares now... *thats* unfair. )

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Alias Been Airsofting since september '06 Find out more about Alias
                              Working...
                              X