X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE GBBRs and RA-TECH upgrades

Hi all

Wondering if you can help

I was looking at a we m4 or m16 as was wondering what Ra Tech upgrades people would recommend

There are quite a few and they all cost a bit so if I had £200 for upgrades what would you recommend ??

Also is it possible to use gbbrs in winter in the uk and with what gas

Thanks for looking

(Sorry this may be in the wrong thread )

Re: WE GBBRs and RA-TECH upgrades

Open bolt and Npas

I think they are best used sprin-early autumn, after that its probably getting too cold.

Got a nearly new WE RA-tech Scar L in Tan, upgraded to open bolt and Npas, only just fitted, plus the nearly new closed bolt kit.
    This had about 10 mags through it, then converted to open bolt and about 20 rounds to test it all works - pm me if interested
    'Old school wood and steel, thats the way they were built in the good times!'

Comment

A mates selling closed bolt WE M4 and WE Scar - both used, but well cared for
      'Old school wood and steel, thats the way they were built in the good times!'

Comment

First off do not buy a closed bolt. They are pretty terrible and have a hell of a lot of teething problems as well as massive hop, range, accuracy and cooldown issues.

Latest Gen open bolt is the only way to go.

In my experience (WE x3 G39, x1 M4, x1 PDW, x1 SCAR) RA-Tech 'Upgrades' have done nothing but cause more issues. Everytime ive installed their parts it has lead to another issue which ended up the rifle being usless in the end.

You would be much better off buying spare standard internals and installing them as and when they break. Which shouldnt be before around 9 - 10K rounds.

However their hop rubbers are pretty decent thats the only thing I would change and an NPAS of course.

It is perfectly fine to use GBBRs, the G39 is especially good due to its 3 stage magazine design. However WE have recently released their Gen II M4 style magazines which are two stage and reduce cooldown drastically. However full auto will suffer, semi will be fine.

I used my G39 last year, was -3C outside and performed exellently, never skipped a beat.

To sum up £200 for upgrades -

New Hop Rubber - TM Standard, RA-Tech Clear, Falcon
        Spare WE Standard Trigger Group
        RA-Tech NPAS - Adjusts FPS
        WE Version II Magazines - Reduce Cooldown
        Maybe an RA-Tech Tightbore

Run Propane all year round.

Comment

NPAS, RA-Tech or Falcon hop rubber, tightbore and full RA-Tech steel trigger set for an M4.

The above plus a reinforced hinge plate for a SCAR.

Basically sort out the weak trigger parts first and foremost.

Comment

I have the WE Hk416 but the internals are pretty much the same.

Originally posted by Kaspar Reed View Post

I was looking at a we m4 or m16 as was wondering what Ra Tech upgrades people would recommend

There are quite a few and they all cost a bit so if I had £200 for upgrades what would you recommend ??
            To be perfectly honest, WEs internal parts are quite alright. I'd replace them as you go.
            The NPAS kit however you will need as the gun does shoot hot. The NPAS will let you adjust the fps of your gun. Its about £15 from some online stores

My hop up rubber seemed to be broken so I replaced that with the RA-Tech one and now its fine (it was probably faulty)

Also is it possible to use gbbrs in winter in the uk and with what gas

Thanks for looking
            Green gas mags? They wont do very well in the cold at all. My CO2 mags however have worked absolutely fine even in winter conditions but I've seen forum posts saying otherwise so I wouldn't take my word for it.

Comment

Own a We Scar-l Mk16 closed bolt. All i will say is i have never had any problems with it. All i have upgraded is the barrel which is now 6.01 and the hammer which is now steal instead of aluminium. Obviously i have an npas to keep the FPS down but thats quite literally "it"

Never had a magazine cool down and have always found closed bolts to be overall better than open bolts for gas consumtion.
              I suppose it is all down to shooter prefference.

Comment

If you want to get an M4 or SCAR, RA Tech do custom made ones from thier website with all the goodies on it ! Saves your the cash to install it..better to go that way, Hey i got my WE M4 openbolt from them and it has never once failed me!!
                Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

If you're running an open-bolt M4/M16 then:

RA-Tech NPAS
                  CWI Trigger parts (even stronger than the RA-Tech ones, and cheaper to boot)
                  CWI Firing pin parts
                  Angry Gun inner barrel (better quality than the RA-Tech inner barrel)
                  Hop-up rubber of your choice - remembering that the Open Bolt ones use VSR type hop-up rubbers (A+ is OK, but i'm getting half-decent results with the King Arms one at the moment. The RA-Tech one sucks)
                  RA-Tech steel bolt
                  RA-Tech nozzle guides
                  Real-steel buffer assembly
                  Winter & Summer spec recoil springs
                  Shims placed under rubber gas routes on top of magazines.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kaspar Reed Find out more about Kaspar Reed
                  Working...
                  X