GBB / EBB I just don't get it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBB / EBB I just don't get it

So before the flaming starts I'm not saying they are not good guns ok.

I just don't get the whole recoil thing in airsoft, I have used a good few now and have yet to feel anything that remotely replicates recoil of any type of combat round. So why have something that's not even nearly close?

The one redeeming feature I have found is the noise some of them make, while again not accurate some do sound good in a strange sort of way.

Each to their own I guess and I know some are great guns I guess I just don't get it, maybe the experience of shooting for real has spoilt me lol.

Wonder what the warning stickers would look like on an m14 with realistic recoil lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: GBB / EBB I just don't get it

Some recoil is better than no recoil.

My G36 EBB doesn't have the best of recoil units. But it is more exiting to use than just a plain old G36 that just gives off motor whine :P
    No its not huge but neither are the ranges or speed of our BBs so think of it as scaled down realism

GBB guns, especially rifles have significantly more recoil that a EBB (nothing on RS though). Great fun to use, nice recoil but not taking away from the shooting.
    GBB also sound great, and usually function exactly as a real one. Bolt catch, charging handle, realistic mags, etc.
    Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

Fun?

Edited to say: What's the point of shooting at other people if you have no intention of killing them?
      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Bamf Fair point well made

The realist bolt action I get but the low recoil level just annoyed me and detracted rather than added fun, but like I said each to their own.

Good to see some other reasons though I hadn't thought about the realistic action much even having used a couple.

Comment

"Wonder what the warning stickers would look like on an m14 with realistic recoil lol"
          They would be massive and quite frankly all fun would be gone from an afternoons game with the massive bruise you would have.
          Recoil is great fun, it certainly adds a dimension to the game and as stated the noise of a blowback/ebb unit makes you think twice about a silly shot, but in no way would i want full strength recoil without the guarantee of a hit. The only plus side it would stop the full auto hero's.
          "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
          Life in the fast lane........
          sigpic

Comment

You'll come across a lot of people using weapon systems and gear or equipment you personally wouldn't ever choose. Best to just not worry about, otherwise you put yourself in the dangerous position of becoming yet another boring "lol, magpul/multicam/m4s/tactical-AKs/desert camo/socks r 4 t3h g4y l00ser5" type.

Personally, I don't miss the muzzle rise/rewards impulse of a ball round when I'm airsofting, I like the fact that AEGs don't try to bite you all the time or punish your eye if you get a little too close to your sights. On the other hands it's enjoyable to use something in a game which does at least rattle around a tiny bit rather than laying dead still in your hands and just spewing projecticles.
            REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

If we had accurate recoil in airsoft there wouldn't be any hi cap/spray and pray heros. All burst fire with varying degrees of accuracy. If only we could extend the range significantly of our RIFs over that of the blow back without upping the risk of injury!

Comment

They dont sound like shitty sewing machines.

Comment

Stargate another good point.

And CK I have to admit I feel the same that horrible moment when sight meets either cheekbone or eyebrow shortly after squeezing off a shot lol I may still have a scare from the rear sight of an SLR??

Nice to see the opinions coming I do enjoy the diversity of airsoft an its certainly me that doesn't get it rather than me thinking its wrong

Comment

The recoil of my WE M14 Ra-Tech Lvl.2 is like that of a .22 rifle. It is truly astonishing.

You pays your money, you take your choice.

Smilinggods

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

akey Find out more about akey
                    Working...
                    X