Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

New Scottish Air Gun Laws. Will This Affect Airsoft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Scottish Air Gun Laws. Will This Affect Airsoft?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-20720203

Sorry if already discussed, but I've spotted this and wondered, since the article isn't clear, does this only cover air rifles and pistols and not airsoft guns?

What knock on effects could this have on other countries in the UK if the same law is passed?
    sigpic

Re: New Scottish Air Gun Laws. Will This Affect Airsoft?

hardly a worry

Under the new scheme, anyone wanting to own an air gun would need to demonstrate they had a legitimate reason for doing so.
    Even if it does cover airsoft, its no different to the hoops we jump through already for the VCRA, only it rids the field of two tones!

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post

Even if it does cover airsoft, its no different to the hoops we jump through already for the VCRA, only it rids the field of two tones!
      surely that's a good thing?

Comment

I would not think its a good thing, i think it could discourage new players to the sport.

Comment

quite apart from the fact that a (wannabe?)government who thinks that air rifles are deadly super powerful guns that are three times as lethal when painted black or given anything "tactical" are hardly likely to see running around shooting people with the things as a sensible use - i mean airsoft guns, sorry i mean air rifles, sorry i mean ak47s can be owned by anyone in scotland....

As an aside - all of todays news re: firearms related atrocities is genuinely horrific, and the above is entirely a prod at governments who fail to understand even the most basic things about what they are trying to legislate.
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

The Scottish Government have released a consultation document - that is all. Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hydra25 Find out more about hydra25
            Working...
            X