Collapse

How accurate compared to paintballing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How accurate compared to paintballing?

I've been paintballing quite a few times and enjoyed it but my one gripe is that at range the guns were terrible for accuracy. After about 30-40 ft you start to get spreads of a few ft. I don't know if this was the guns lack of power or the balls themselves.

So I was wondering, how accurate are bbs in comparison. What kind of grouping should a 340fps AEG be getting?
    Hi, I'm a newb

Re: How accurate compared to paintballing?

you can hit a man size object at 50-60 meters pretty easily, using a tight bore barrel helps alot!
    thinks maybe he should go with the heard

Comment

very accurate mate

the paintballs are a .68 calibre and the soft jelotine shell can be deformed causing sagging in the shape ,

bb's are percision made , neon perfect spheres

AIRSOFT wins another bout

Comment

I kind of expected some rivalry between airsoft and paintballing.

Despite not playing it, airsoft seems like a cheaper and more fun version or painballing. Ammo costs much less and buying a decent gun is about the same cost of a couple of days of paintballing once you factor in all the costs for ammo and protective gear.
        Hi, I'm a newb

Comment

well from an experienced paintballer (i used to do it like more than once a month), airsoft would generally get more range and acuracy. The amunition used is a solid in airsoft (BBs), where as in paintball, they are liquid, so they are unstable, and coz they are bigger in size they have a bigger surface area, meaning more drag etc. So bbs, as they are smaller, have less surface area etc. id imagine, quite a good grouping, but it all depends on the airsoft gun.

I still love both tho
          I apologize for anything that might pxss you off

rate me: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37396

Comment

i hate that rivilary, dont know how much of that exists in the UK softing world, but it anoys me. I love both, id rather paintball more, coz it HURTS more (lol, yes i enjoy the pain), but its way more expensive, compared to softing.

Comment

I've been to a couple of sites where paintball and airsoft are happening at the same time (different parts of the site obviously). Paintballers seem to snigger a bit when they see all the dressed up airsofters. It's surprising how many give airsoft a try at a later date though.

Daily costs of paintball I find prohibitive, but overall, the costs are probably similar due buying loads of guns and gear.

Comment

Fingers, you got that right, so far ive probs spent about equal amonts on paintball gear as i have airsoft gear, just ammo is cheaper in soft'. EDIT;i made things slitely cheaper buy using sum of my paintball vests i used, pouches etc.

Fingers what site was that then? where theres both on at the same time?

Comment

Hey fingers (off topic) is that a pic of you firing the MG ?? and if so is that bulford range?
                  Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

My local site Pheonix near mansfield always has paintball and airsoft on the same site (though not sharing games). Gets a little interesting when you are next to each other and the paint starts to fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingers View Post
                      Paintballers seem to snigger a bit when they see all the dressed up airsofters.
                      They do/did the same thing a Lasham.

It was hilarious to see all the sad looking parents with empty wallet's their kids going out of their minds trying to walk in overalls 6 size's to big. Dropping paint on the floor, unable to stop grinning as they steam up their mask's waiting to he handed a crappy 10 year old marker. Safe in the knowledge that this is going to be the best day of their lives!!!

Until we all walk past them armed to the teeth with Duel Glock's MP5's P90's M16's M249's AW338's Barret's Mini Guns, Nuke's!!!

Wait for the tears...

Comment

It happens at Xsite too. Everyone in the little square, net compound, and then we walk past and it's ooh look at that gun wow look at his gear and all the time they look like a few grease monkeys with some industrial tool in their hands lol. I tried to play it but couldn't justify the expense. The initial cost of set up is on a par with airsoft but much less choice of weapon. it is the weekly day to day cost i think is ridiculously expensive. And back on topic airsoft wins by a mile on the accuracy range stakes.
                        Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by ThatblokewiththeScar. View Post

It was hilarious to see all the sad looking parents with empty wallet's their kids going out of their minds trying to walk in overalls 6 size's to big. Dropping paint on the floor, unable to stop grinning as they steam up their mask's waiting to he handed a crappy 10 year old marker. Safe in the knowledge that this is going to be the best day of their lives!!!
                          I think that is possibly the most spot on description of paintball i've ever heard. Brings back so many memories of old birthday's and stuff before I discovered Airsoft.
                          "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

At the london wolf skirmishes its shared with a paintball site and all the painball marshals laugh and things like that, but the funny thing is not long ago we had a few running around with AEG's when we wenrt playing then a bunch of the airsofters charged in with the pistols and showed them howto do it best thing was they admited they prefered the guns for the accuracy and the ROF.
                            Custom M4
                            TM 1911

Comment

The site closest to me (airsoft exeter) is primarily a paintball site. We had one of the marshals playing on our side to make up numbers with a crappy rental ak, and he said along with enjoying the airsoft as a change from paintball (he enters all kinds of competitions and stuff) he felt that the guns were better in everyway, except that it wouldn't work well in competions (understandable as airsoft doesn't leave a giant splodge on you)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Charlievil Find out more about Charlievil
                              Working...
                              X