Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracer Rounds

Hi guys,

Sorry if there is already a thread about tracer rounds but as I couldn't find one, I thought I would start one just kind of wondering what everyone's thought's are on tracers, as in.

Do you use tracers and if so do you prefer the mock silencer or the magazine style.

And also what tracer rounds do you think are the best to use and have had the most fun with?
    Samaham C

Re: Tracer Rounds

Personally I think they should be mandatory for night games, because they look amazing. Yes everyone can track where you are, but I like fun!

In terms of how to achieve the illumination you should google how to do a hop up tracer unit (HUTU)

Comment

I personally dont like mock silencers, but i have one. I think they are fun but they light up your postion like a christmas tree. But like before best are those that have LED light in the hop unit.
      Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

Must admit i have always wanted a tracer unit. However i would simply never use it! If i was to get one (trying to persuade myself) i would get the silencer type. Killing two birds with one stone that way :p
        With regards to tracer bb's i have heard that the madbull tracer rounds are pretty good. Quite expensive for what you get though, but always thought if i got one i would just mix a handfull in with a normal bag and leave it to random what came out the end of the barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by dj2l8b View Post
          I personally dont like mock silencers, but i have one. I think they are fun but they light up your postion like a christmas tree. But like before best are those that have LED light in the hop unit.
          i know nothing about tracers but i like the sound of them how do you get an led in th ehop?

Comment

I myself have the mock silencer type but find it works very well with tm tracer rounds but have never used it in a skirmish, will get around to it but it is so fun shooting it down the garden.
            Samaham C

Comment

at the last catterick game I managed to bag some red tracers for my sopmod and a friends gun to fire using the supressor type tracer units....so cool with red tracers and all the other guys using green tracers :D

Comment

The madbull red tracers are not great for illumination.
                The Blaster tracer rounds are superb, come in various weights and are priced cheap.
                AVOID the tracer magazines, as they are JUNK.
                The Madbull and TM tracer units are the dogs, but the ASG B&T and dragon tracers are a close second.
                Had a few teething issues with the ASG tracers flashing repeatedly, but simply clean the unit and it's good as gold.
                VERY common place at CQB sites, they scare the crap out of some people, and make others laugh.

Very good for seeing if you hit somebody too.
                Pretty big give away when they have a dump pouch full of tracers too!!!

Comment

i use a madbull ultimate hopup ,with built in tracer unit,and its runs of a seperate battery with its own switch, suppose i could make one myself its easy enough,i will try it next time....

as far as the tracer goes,im very happy with it, i use SRC .20s tracers and blasters .20s, and i have some madbull .25s and .20s,which i havnt used yet, i used to use a mix of 3 to 1 to keep the costs down,and to minimize giving away my position, but recently i have moved to a 2 to 1 ratio, the price i am willing to pay is no more than £5 per 1000...
                  i also have a chinese cloned silencer which works pretty well,but you have to keep the batteries fresh,as it can malfunction otherwise

i play a lot of cqb,and i find it great fun,and very handy when you can see where your shots are going,also when you want to surpress someone whos round the corner if they hit the wall they can explode adding a bit of fear factor...and finally in a very dark room they can add a bit of light so you can see the opponents.
                  VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                  trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

i borrowed a ACM silencer tracer at the The Führer's Escape ww2 game last weekend at the outpost. i mixed 0.2g madbull green tracers at 2:1. now it wos my first time using a tracer and dam was it fun in the dark tunnels and a good boost in the adrenalin when they spot the whit flash when there's no tracer bb going through and then all hell comes at you when the green stuff starts flying XD much fun moving fire and then dash for cover. almost makes me want one of those madbull flare type ones.
                    but on the same day there were a few others with ACM ones and some worked well and others faltered and one just went mental flashing all the time so i wouldn't recommend them. the red tracers are nice difference to the green but a bit more pricey (think they were 0.25g on the day but the organizer had a bottle of 0.12g ones) but that's to be expected i guess

though a interesting tactic one tracer user used was load the first 5-6bb as red ones then a mix of green and normal so he knew when he was running out, i thought was a good idea.

though if you want to have a look to your weapon the hop mod is a good idea, if you have the space and skills to do it

anyway that's my opinion after using them.

meddy

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Originally posted by eatthis View Post
                      i know nothing about tracers but i like the sound of them how do you get an led in th ehop?
                      Madbull do a metal hopup unit that has an LED inside it. This will replace your exsisting hop unit. So everytime you fire a tracer it will light up from inside. No need for mock silencers etc
                      Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

Originally posted by meddy View Post
                        i borrowed a ACM silencer tracer at the The Führer's Escape ww2 game last weekend at the outpost. i mixed 0.2g madbull green tracers at 2:1. now it wos my first time using a tracer and dam was it fun in the dark tunnels and a good boost in the adrenalin when they spot the whit flash when there's no tracer bb going through and then all hell comes at you when the green stuff starts flying XD much fun moving fire and then dash for cover. almost makes me want one of those madbull flare type ones.
                        but on the same day there were a few others with ACM ones and some worked well and others faltered and one just went mental flashing all the time so i wouldn't recommend them. the red tracers are nice difference to the green but a bit more pricey (think they were 0.25g on the day but the organizer had a bottle of 0.12g ones) but that's to be expected i guess

though a interesting tactic one tracer user used was load the first 5-6bb as red ones then a mix of green and normal so he knew when he was running out, i thought was a good idea.

though if you want to have a look to your weapon the hop mod is a good idea, if you have the space and skills to do it

anyway that's my opinion after using them.

meddy
                        Ah I know who that very user was with the red tracers at the end of his mag :D In fact they were from the same tub as my red tracers at Catterick. Pity they are just 0.2's and skyrocket when your gun is setup for 0.25's :D

Yes the blaster tracers are bloody good and they are very cheap, not much more expensive than a normal bottle of 0.25's as I usually run the blasters.

Comment

I enjoyed using my ACM tracer at the same game as Meddy but it went wrong very soon and started to drain batteries (i nabed some of Meddy i think)

I not have a gemtech flare one. Why ?? well whilst it does light up yr position my word is it fun. And most games i play are more to do with having fun than being bothered aboout winning or losing.
                          I much prefer play acting a good death to ball aching about tactics

Comment

Originally posted by dj2l8b View Post
                            Madbull do a metal hopup unit that has an LED inside it. This will replace your exsisting hop unit. So everytime you fire a tracer it will light up from inside. No need for mock silencers etc
                            They're only available for M4s, though. So if your gun uses a standard M4 hop unit, the Madbul 3-in-1 is the way to go.
                            For anything else, you'll need to mod the hop yourself. As someone said earlier, Google "airsoft hutu". And remember that many people are saying UV LEDs perform better than white.

Comment

it would fit an mp5...well it would fit my mp5
                              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Samaham C My Name Is Sam Find out more about Samaham C
                              Working...
                              X