This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IS...TM still the best manafacturer

imo TM for pistol bases, anything else can be made to shoot as well for a whole lot less.
    Case in point, my cyma mp5k cost me under £90 , new gears, hop and barrel set me back another £30. Better range, ROF and accuracy than my mates tm version.
    And a hell of a lot cheaper.
    G&P SR-15-URX / HK416 Frakenstein build / CYMA MP5K ctr stocked cqb goodness / CYMA CM048 ak74
    -----Broken/project guns wanted-----

Comment

I only skim read the other posts so sorry if im going over covered ground but far too much reading up there.

I'd say that their pistols are easily among the best the new WE 226 in my opinion seemed better to me than the TM e2 version but thats the only one i've handled myself and prefered over TM. WE is deffo on their heals or on par from what i've read too.

In terms of AEGs im really not a fan of the crazy pricetags on plastic guns. Other brands use plastic bodys on their budget lines. I do find them the best out the box option though still.

Im also not a fan of the recoils. Mainly because its a £500 plastic gun but also the recoil is still way off the real thing. I do think they perform amazingly doing a few comparisons at my local site they wern't far off my PTW on range.

If asked this question when i started id of said they were the topdogs but now i've learned a bit more id say still a major player due to their pistols but not the first overall brand that comes to mind.
      Originally posted by B.E.N.
      Dude, that's like saying you wish you still had pictures of Monica Lewinsky sucking Bill Clinton's dick...

Comment

• Recoils aren't plastic... We 226 isn't as good as a tm e2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Originally posted by Stevey293 View Post
          In terms of AEGs im really not a fan of the crazy pricetags on plastic guns. Other brands use plastic bodys on their budget lines. I do find them the best out the box option though still.
          Wouldn't say it's crazy. Got a TM MP5k new for £160, seems fair to me. Got my MC51 for £195 and it's outlasted many other more expensive guns. My SIG 552 I got for £220 was a little more pricey but still my favourite skirmish gun to date. I played with a G&G one but it was £330 - all you get extra is a more realistic charging handle, metal body and inferior hop up. That said, prices have increased recently, to the point where they are becoming more unreasonable. I would not pay £280 for a standard 1990's TM AK. Nice to see the FAMAS s sticking around £200 though. They're well worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by CK View Post
            Recoils aren't plastic... We 226 isn't as good as a tm e2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Also I've read many a horror story about the WE226 slide cracking, which is something that hasn't been present with the plastic TM226s.

Comment

Best gun I ever had was a JG used it for 3 years. only cleaned and maintained her. she worked the dream!
              sigpic

Comment

I've owned WE pistols in the past. They're great at first, but after a couple of months worth of skirmishing, they fall flat on their arse.
                I switched to Marui pistols a good two years ago and haven't regretted it since. My 226's and my e2 (at one point i had four!), have easily out performed and lasted a lot longer than the WE counterparts.
                My main reason for switching? Spare parts. Yes WE have made more parts compatible with Marui, which is fantastic of them to do so. But i've found that they can still struggle when the mercury goes down.

I like the WE 226, it's a fantastic looking gun and is lovely to hold. I'd have one, but only to keep on a stand.

I've owned countless WE GBBR's, and they are brilliant, mind blowingly brilliant! My only gripe, again, is parts. I had to import my parts every time i needed something because UK shops always sold out. This made it expensive to upgrade, and if it went wrong, i'd pay £2 for a part, and nigh on £20 shipping. I'm getting married soon - stuff that!

I can't comment on their AEG's that have come out recently, as far as i can tell, they're just another clone. But i stand to be corrected on that as i haven't actually shot one!

Pass me my Marui, I'm off to shoot some fools 365 days a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                  Wouldn't say it's crazy. Got a TM MP5k new for £160, seems fair to me. Got my MC51 for £195 and it's outlasted many other more expensive guns. My SIG 552 I got for £220 was a little more pricey but still my favourite skirmish gun to date. I played with a G&G one but it was £330 - all you get extra is a more realistic charging handle, metal body and inferior hop up.
                  their old models can be had for a fair price on some sites but there new line is far from "cheap".
                  there sig has arguably a better hop then the G&G model... but that's it, the G&G model is probably the closest to the real steel that you can get and cost £80 more with a 2 year warranty from some places.

a recoil TM scar is like what? £555? a WE scar is like £260? want recoil? why pay nearly £300 more for it
                  Last edited by CK; 3 January, 2013, 08:39.
                  Head shot aka open minded

Comment

Cos a TM scar works for longer than 1 skirmish and shoots further than 10m.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

While am not defending the crappy plastic on tm guns don't they do it for legal reasons? I'm sure a certain percentage of their guns can't be metal. That's what I heard anyway. I still say put the same 350+ fps spring in a tm, set them both to full auto at the same time and the jg will be going longer than the tm. There "god status" now is just their hop ups. Buy a cyma m14 and put a tm hop in and you have a better gun than the tm for less than £200 quid. How much is a tm m14?

Comment

I don't see why you need a 350 fps spring? BEN rightly stated in another thread, just get a bit closer to your target.

280-300 fps is plenty to skirmish with, I personally run mine around 310.

Why would a JG keep going longer than a TM? I have seen no evidence to support that at all.

Comment

Why get closer when I don't need to. I the site says 350fps your disadvantaging yourself using 280. Tm's how up allows it to still have good range at 280 fps but if it had 350 then it would have even more. My style of play is shoot once, hit once, stay hidden. If I'm that close I can knife them then il buy a D.E m4 for £30. Secondly putting a 350 fps spring in a tm m4 and it would shit itself. There gearbox casings aren't very strong and crack. My mate went through 3 shells before swapping it for a g&g. Airsoft is all about the realism surely. If it wasn't then everybody would play paintball. Shines plastic isn't realistic and the fps is to low. Tm have got airsoft where it is today to which I'm very greatful for but it's lost it's "I am bestest" crown and is being beaten to death on price an quality by most manufacturers. I'm more than confident tm could say tomorrow " right lets bash some good guns out there" but they won't. They have Japan by the balls and Arnt interested in the rest of the world which is why they won't have my money.

Comment

I've put m100s and steel bearings in TM's no problems. I don't really think TM is the best brand overall, but they are damn good at some of the things they do.

This thread is going round in circles. All the big players have stepped out as they know this thread is doomed.

Gonna lock it here, to sum up, everyone's opinions differ.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                            X