What happened to the JG Bar 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the JG Bar 10?

Is it just me, or do these guns seem to have dissapeared?

At one point they were literally everywhere, any airsoft store selling them for about £90... I fancy a cheap entry into the sniping world, with good route for upgrading if I like it... so I think to myself "OH HO! THE VERY THING! With a nice rubberised body too!" - except nowhere has them for sale anymore. Have JG gone bust or something? Even their G36s appear to have vanished from the face of the earth, even second hand sales of BAR10s and G36s have dropped to near non-existant... it seems the only cheap VSR clones are the Well ones, which I wouldnt touch with a barge pole after owning a Warrior/Well L96.

Where have they all gone? D:

Re: What happened to the JG Bar 10?

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't JG trade as Snow Wolf these days?

Comment

That could explain it! I have seen the "Snow Wolf M24" all over the place which looks like a BAR/VSR 10... I thought snow wolf were someone else though, Im sure snow wolf were producing barrat .50 clones while JG were around?

Comment

There's a store in Swindon that has the Bar 10 g-spec in stock for about £150. If google serves me right then the m99 clones branded as Snow Wolf are made by JG.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
          Have JG gone bust or something? Even their G36s appear to have vanished from the face of the earth, even second hand sales of BAR10s and G36s have dropped to near non-existant...
          can't comment on their BAR-10s, but thier G36s don't crop up so much anymore because they are now re-branded by ASG.
          Not actually a builder
          Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Disappeared? Rare you say?

I shall sell mine for £500 then!

I hereby declare it as a collectible, any takers?
            sigpic

Comment

Someone I know imports them for about £150 each.

Comment

They just had such a popular demand that not many are shipped to the UK. They're always in stock in U.S. retailers! I'm still glad I chose to get a TM from Zero One instead of an imported JG, though.
                Originally posted by psirus101
                I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Yeah having seen the prices of them now theyre about £150 :/ I only wanted one because they used to be significantly cheaper than a TM... but for that price Id rather pay £20 more and get a TM VSR from Z1 for just £170

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                    Yeah having seen the prices of them now theyre about £150 :/ I only wanted one because they used to be significantly cheaper than a TM... but for that price Id rather pay £20 more and get a TM VSR from Z1 for just £170
                    IF they were in stock...

Comment

The JG Bar 10 is imported by some companies in the UK and sold with warranties. As people have stated, HK (where we sometimes play whilst on business trips) and the US, and some Asian countries get priority. This means they are only available retail or at an expensive wholesale rates in HK (when found), and thus the prfit margin for UK retailers is low. My partner runs an airsoft company and one of his best friends is the JG importer into HK, and the problem they get is the supply comes and goes with production runs.
                      G&GSA80A2.TM AUGA1,AUGA2,AUGA3,AUG S,REAL SHOCK VSR.SRC 416.ARES M16A4,TAVOR.WA Sup Ser GGB,SK,KA EEB G36K EEB556SHORT,SIG556,EEB GALIL,SLR,SA58.249 PARA,SCAR,MASADA
                      1911,226,1911,USP,USP 45,CZ75,CZ75 CO2,FN57,GL40,GL23,GL27,M9 DES,M9 WD GRIP.

Comment

the bar 10 isn't based on the same rifle as the m24 but even TM
                        vsr seem to be rare now days,

the echo1 red star amd 65 is a JG clone so i guess they must still be around
                        Head shot aka open minded

Comment

You used to be able to pick up a fully upgraded VSR's and L96's for £250.

I wouldn't worry about the zero triggers or Teflon cylinders, but new cylinder internals are nice to have along with a decent barrel and hop rubber.

That said there do seem to be a few for sale. BUT I hope 'fully upgraded' doesn't mean Laylax spring as they don't list upgrades.
                          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Was there not a crack down in China not that long ago?

As said though, if you are getting them for £150 then your are just as well fronting the extra £20 or so for a vsr.
                            Originally posted by Coz
                            Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
                            Working...
                            X