Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People's opinion of young new players?

I'm 17 and new to airsoft. I've seen people camplaining a lot about young people playing on this forum and just wanted to try and understand why it is? Is it because people think younger people are too immature? (Not going to argue with that though)
    Hi, I'm a newb

Re: People's opinion of young new players?

It's not really the young 'uns themselves, its a combination of:

1. They bring Two tones to the sport.

2. Their disregard/disrespect of the law.

1: When we got our excemption/defence to the VCRA, our main argument was that we needed RIFs (black guns) for our sport to function, for the realism. However, with more and more two-tones being brought in and played with, the government may well say "Well, they work, you can all use them", and ban RIFs. Bad.

2: A lot of young 'uns come on here spouting things like "I'm 15 can I spray my two-tone black or buy a black body for it", or "I know it's illegal but I'm 17 can I buy a RIF off you anyway without UKARA". As an airsofing community we have to prove we are responsible enough to manage our defence and the sale of RIFs, and the under 18s who buy/manufacture RIFs illegally jeapordise that for the rest of us, giving the government nails to hammer into airsoft's coffin.

Comment

Airsoft has a wide age group, people are going to have different personalities and different ways of playing airsoft so people are going to get annoyed. There have been a fair few young people on this forum who have tried to circumvent the law regarding RIF's and frankly a lot of people dont want to loose their airsoft defence because of some idiot kids.
      Something like that anyway

The amount of fail on this forum is increasing. Stop it. Use the damn search function.

Comment

So tkos you saying because im under 18 i disregard the law?

Comment

No. Read what I said.

"A LOT OF young 'uns". Not ALL, a LOT.

Please don't put words into my mouth.

Comment

OP, it the fact that because of cod series on consoles they think they can pick up a rifle of any sort or pistol and be immune to hits and be able to beat the seasoned players then they moan when being complained about ,

most of new players do disregard the law , it the same as the minority of chavs that ruin it for the rest of the generation of kids , giving bad impression's ties bad for rest of you lot
            Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 16 January, 2010, 16:30. Reason: pacifying

Comment

I can see what you are saying about the two-tone thing. I've got a two-tone gun but intend to change it once I'm 18 assuming I can register as UKARA.

Does airsoft not have any lobbyists?
              Hi, I'm a newb

Comment

thankyou guard sniper.. and sorry i didnt mean to put words into your mouth.. but im under 18 and i abide by the law i would never run aroundw ith my guns .. and it is othe rpeople at my age who do ruin it and that makes me angry

Comment

That's actually the veiw of a fair few people on this forum. I may have put it harshly but he asked why young 'uns get stick sometimes, and that's part of the reason.

I personally am all for younger players, without them the sport would die out. But the two-tone point still stands. Renting is an option. It's annoying that to be under 18 and play airsoft is a difficult thing to do but that's just how it is. Blame the government and the VCRA as oppose to me.
                  Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 16 January, 2010, 16:30.

Comment

Its a minority of idiots ruining it for the majority.
                    There has been lobbyists and such but that was a few years back and the old VCRA discussion has been done to death

The amount of fail on this forum is increasing. Stop it. Use the damn search function.

Comment

airsofter or not ,younger people than yourself can be annoying .Mainly due to immaturity, over enthusiasm, and a disreguard for the way things are. Theres always an exception to the rule though. As for 2tones I don't care ,I find the anti 2tone thing a bit elitest .Yes there existence is neigh on pointless ,but there here so no point in letting it bother you
                      Last edited by heroshark; 16 January, 2010, 13:55.

Comment

yeah but guess what guys , all of us were Twa*s when were younger , and some you the users still are ,

and two tone maybe the way people want to do it so don freak on it , and if you been in the sprt before it even came in you shold have done a motion to prevent it.
                        Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 16 January, 2010, 16:30. Reason: pacifying

Comment

young'uns are the lifeblood of the sport. wether people want to realise that or not.

since they are gonna be ones putting money into the sport for longer (well, the ones that carry on anyway) so they need to be encouraged. so what if 2-tones are being used? its providing more money for the manufacturers which in turn allows them to make more gun.

get rid of 2-tones and only allow rentals would ruin alot of the companys profit/turnover.

i personally think that if you gonna get a two-tone, get a green one, that way it can be hidden a big easier with scrim/tape etc. or blue if your going urban.

my 2cents

Comment

All I'm doing is answering the guy's question. He asked why young 'uns get a bad rep. That's part of the reason.
                            Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 16 January, 2010, 16:30.

Comment

The majority of younger players ive seen are responsible. But they get frustrated with the fact they cannot be in the same boat as those who are 18. Which is fair enough, and i agree with them. Yes it is unfair. But you must remember that the VCRA was to combat gun related incidents. It was to stop people buying RIFs to use in crime. It was just rubbish we got hit with it. But life goes on, and we all get older.
                              One think that does wind me up is the whole train of thought of younger players trying to purchase RIF's. But what gets on me more, are the people who sell them RIF's. A shop can just ask for membership cards, UKARA numbers etc. But the seller in a private sale needs to check. SOME people flaunt these rules, either to get a sale, or because they feel sorry for them. At the end of the day, its all well and good the kids coming and trying to buy, but if sellers say no, then there wouldnt be this issue.

Yes, two tone guns do spoil it a bit. But its not going to kill us. Unfortunatly, its just the way things are. And theyre most likely going to stay this way. If people hate 2 tones so much, dont play at a sit which allows them. But i for one would rather see a kid with a two tone, then a kid whos illegally purchased a gun and risked our sport.

Theere is also a culture of COD players who think its alright to be teflon warriors. Its slightly annoying when you leather somebody with shots for them to turn around and attack you. Ill admit that its not younger players all the time, and ive got annoyed as hell with some people, but ive found the majority are the younger newer players to the sport. It takes time to get good at anything, and airsoft is no different. All these people who think they can stroll on their first game and get 10000000 kills and no deaths need to rethink their days out!

Thats just my two pence, and its my opinion. If anybody has any comebacks to what ive said, fair enough. I dont think younger players should be victimised though. Its not their fault they need two tones, its the government. And you cant stop them playing just because they dont have an all over same colour gun.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Charlievil Find out more about Charlievil
                              Working...
                              X