Motorola HT600e radios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorola HT600e radios

Been given 6 of the above and wondered if anyone had any experience with them ?
    General stuff really like Range, ease of programming to get them all on the same frequency and available parts or Mods to get them to accept say Peltor headsets etc

Regards John
    "Momento Te Esse Mortalium"
    "Im not FAT.....Im HUSKY"

Re: Motorola HT600e radios

Um, hope you have a license to use them mate. They are NOT PMR446 radios, in fact they were used by Police forces up and down the country for a number of years. You get stopped with them without a license and it's lots of trouble.

Comment

I understood that but thanks for the warning mate
      Worth the £70 odd quid to have a reasonable system

Comment

As far as I'm aware they're not tetra so I doubt you'd get in any trouble. It's obsolete kit.

Comment

Obsolete or not, when Airwaves goes down, which does happen, forces around the country will often revert to obsolete tech to maintain comms. Just saying it's worth making sure by getting a license, that way you're covered in any event. By the way for Radios give the guys at Talking Headsets a call on what can and can't be done with them.

Comment

Obliged mate
            Will bell them in the new year

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Norin Radd Ex mob and proud owner of a nice new all metal knee joint Find out more about Norin Radd
            Working...
            X