Airsoft legalised in holland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft legalised in holland

so, airsoft has only just been legalised in holland (as of the 15th january 2013). it has been a while coming. from what i understand there is a sort of players federation over there that has given advise the government over the last 7 years. The law in holland was very distinct, if it looks like a gun it is a gun and we will prosecute you as if it was a gun. Then about 5 years ago the federation managed to convince the government to allow those horrible thundermaul things into the country as it didnt look like any real firearm. traditionally the dutch government has been very very very anti airsoft.

last year the federation managed to get a discussion going at Holland's equivalent of the house of commons, from what i gather (and the point of my long winded discussion) is that they agreed a framework for airsoft to exist in holland. Things like FPS limits are yet to be decided but it seems likely to be a 350fps flat with no dmr or sniper allocations, But the interesting part is the restrictions. It would appear that users of airsoft will require a permit from the local cop shop whereby individuals must pass a breifer version of a firearms application, it will be limited to over 18s only (without exception) and the items must be stored in a lockable box. so esentually, a decade of subtle pressure from an organised body representing airsoft has legalised the game on their terms with a few caveats to keep the government happy

so my question is this, bearing in mind that Holland being quite culturally (despite the different drug policies) and governmental similar to the uk (house of commons, house of lords and a monarchy) with a similar firearms policy to the UK (albeit not as restrictive, you can buy semi autos and pistols of certain types):

do you think we can learn from this dutch method?
    and
    do you think we should follow a similar suit?

more info here
    http://www.nlairsoft.com/en/home/ite...n-holland.html (english)

http://www.nabv.nl/nieuws/item/41-de...volbracht.html
    -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
    -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Re: Airsoft legalised in holland

How would the hire system work? Assuming you are required to do "training" to own one surely being a hire player would be a lot of hastle.

Originally posted by tisane
    Never heard such a racket, its like taking a hi cap to a rave.

Comment

that hasnt been sorted yet..or if it has it hasnt been broadcast. i would assume the same way it works with a firearms club. bring a friend. vouch for that friend if he screws up its on you
      -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
      -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

truth be told, it doesnt seem to be anymore difficult than hoops we have to jump through

the firearms application seems like an alternative to the UKARA system we have going, over 18s is a given
        the locked cases, im assuming thats for transport. i think mosts of us follow a similar method when driving to game locales (stash away in a bag)

good on the holland government for allowing this, theyre aware that this can be moderated well enough to allow people to participate in a growing sport

Comment

In the age we live in, I think this is a very pleasant bit of news. Which makes a welcome change.

Well done to all those guys in Holland who had the patience to see it through and put the work in over such a long period.
          REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

There must be a couple of Dutch MP's who moonlight as airsofters! Good to hear that governments can be understanding/helpful, even if it takes time!
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

That is good news. I live on the German / Dutch border and save my airsofting for the UK as ze Germans do not allow full auto.

If the cloggies allow full auto i can keep my hand in as it were at the weekend

Comment

The Belgians will lose out a bit - Most of the Dutch players I know of store their guns and play in Belgium.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                  The Belgians will lose out a bit - Most of the Dutch players I know of store their guns and play in Belgium.
                  I'd argue that the Belgians could very much benefit from this. Belgium has established sites and a solid playerbase, and at the moment the Netherlands have neither; It's an extremely short trip cross country, so it's not too big a stretch to assume that new players could just cross the border.

Comment

Just wanted to bump this as its all finalized etc. Here are some highlights of the regulations nicked off popular airsoft.

No registration of airsoft device
                    Qualified members can and may import their airsoft devices from abroad. The shop only has to include a copy of NABV membership in the shipping documents for them to pass through customs.
                    Airsoft devices may have a muzzle energy of a whopping 3.5J (what the hell)
                    No restrictions on semi-automatic or full-automatic weapons
                    No restrictions on airsoft device type

Full list here (google translate or learn dutch)

https://zoek.officielebekendmakingen...-2013-610.html
                    Last edited by ThePope; 11 January, 2013, 12:54.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

I would assume that sites (and insurers) will set their limits lower.
                      You say that's for ALL "airsoft devices", so it has to accommodate sniper rifles.

3.5J works out to about 613 to 614 fps with a 0.2g BB, so it's not wildly over the top.

Comment

That's awfully high. Guess they have decided that since you have to go to through the stricter licensing process they can have a higher energy limit... although I imagine MEDs will be enforced.
                        King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

the_monkey Find out more about the_monkey
                        Working...
                        X