LaRue 5.56 markmans rifle build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a PTW upper build myself

Good luck with the build mate, any help ask me or stalker. The motor is a guarder hi torque one. That was because its the 120 gearbox, if your going for lower power there are far more options available.

You WILL have a nightmare finding parts unless you go china soft, but we had fun searching....well not fun! But damn exciting when you find a part you need.!

It really is possibly the best looking rifle i have seen, it looks far nicer in the flesh. But I can't bare to look at it sat in a corner gathering dust

Be wary of the selector switch problems I've encountered.
    “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Oh and ducky. Sell me that GBBR you bastard
      “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Re: LaRue 5.56 markmans rifle build

Originally posted by Ducky View Post
        please dont tempt me.....
        Oh good, so when it's finished and pretty and 2/3k down the line I will have a buyer ready

Originally posted by dannyeprice23 View Post
        Looking for a PTW upper build myself
        You WILL have a nightmare finding parts unless you go china soft, but we had fun searching....well not fun! But damn exciting when you find a part you need.!

It really is possibly the best looking rifle i have seen, it looks far nicer in the flesh. But I can't bare to look at it sat in a corner gathering dust
        we..... WE......WE......WE..... don't make me laugh

The amount of hours of my life I lost searching for those parts still makes me shudder!
        WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

I Have too many projects the moment. AS VAL GBB and a L119A1 GBB. That larue was the first GBB i got i now have 4 :/
          Looking for a Harris style Bipod with 20mm RIS mount.

Comment

Originally posted by Ducky View Post
            I Have too many projects the moment. AS VAL GBB and a L119A1 GBB. That larue was the first GBB i got i now have 4 :/
            Oh dear! I see the bug has bitten! They are very morish! I'm currently working on the following:

MK18 (long version GBBR)
            MK11 MOD1 GBBR
            AK74M GBBR

Then once those are done it will be PTW time! Gives you some time to finish yours first

Comment

Originally posted by John192 View Post

So im unsure which motor to go for and also since this will be a sub 350FPS rifle i feel the Visionking 1.25-5x26 on Danny's rifle is overkill so am stuck between either a T1 scope with a riser or an Eotech with flip to side magnifier.

Whats your guys thoughts?
              I own a vision king, i myself tried to emulate the La-rue rifle, and PM'd the man himself on a build list. what i ended up with was very different but overall i'm happy.
              But anyway i digress. The Vision king is by no means overkill. its actually perfect for all types of play. On the LOWEST setting its got half the magnification of a standard Acog or eotech magnifier (which are usually around 3x/4x) With the potential of much, much higher magnification. the actual adjustment dial on the optic is very robust and easy to use, so if you wanted to zoom in quikcly to spot targets or just for a more accurate shot you have the potential to do so very rapidly.

I would also like to note that the Vision king has amazing eye relive for a chinese optic. If i'm using my Acog 4x i have to be pretty close to the optic itself to line up the sight with my eye. However the vision king has very little need for lining up your eye too much and can be used from a much further and relaxed distance.

Overall your going to be getting a much higher magnification with a x3/x4 aimpoint magnifier than with this optic...

Comment

Originally posted by dxnib1 View Post
                I own a vision king, i myself tried to emulate the La-rue rifle, and PM'd the man himself on a build list. what i ended up with was very different but overall i'm happy.
                But anyway i digress. The Vision king is by no means overkill. its actually perfect for all types of play. On the LOWEST setting its got half the magnification of a standard Acog or eotech magnifier (which are usually around 3x/4x) With the potential of much, much higher magnification. the actual adjustment dial on the optic is very robust and easy to use, so if you wanted to zoom in quikcly to spot targets or just for a more accurate shot you have the potential to do so very rapidly.

I would also like to note that the Vision king has amazing eye relive for a chinese optic. If i'm using my Acog 4x i have to be pretty close to the optic itself to line up the sight with my eye. However the vision king has very little need for lining up your eye too much and can be used from a much further and relaxed distance.

Overall your going to be getting a much higher magnification with a x3/x4 aimpoint magnifier than with this optic...
                Thanks dude, you just convinced me to get the Visionking oh and Stalker i'm now starting to understand your pain.....i'm trying to stick as close as possible to your parts list but finding some of them is like digging for rocking horse poop whilst mapping the way to Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by John192 View Post
                  Thanks dude, you just convinced me to get the Visionking oh and Stalker i'm now starting to understand your pain.....i'm trying to stick as close as possible to your parts list but finding some of them is like digging for rocking horse poop whilst mapping the way to Atlantis
                  Yh the visionking is gorgeous, I at first had the millet scope which is what the visionking was copying, but preferred the copy!

Tell me about it! If you need a hand with the parts let me know!

Comment

I can also testify to the greatness of the visionking. A great optic.! Easy to adjust, holds zero, looks the bollocks, and is by far good enough for the airsoft field

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

John192 Find out more about John192
                    Working...
                    X