l85 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• l85 question

The ''problem'' with semi....how much of a problem is it as i like to use single shot a lot, instead of full auto.1-10......
    1- AS IN NONE WHAT SO EVER

10- AS IN DONT BOTHER BUYING ONE

Pros & cons...Cheers
    Warrior L96
    TM FULL STOCK M4 s-system
    A&K M249 para
    WE High Capa 5.1 GBB

Trade feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7927

Re: l85 question

my g&g was so bad that it jammed about every 3 shots.
    i got so fed up i removed the selector from the gear box so full auto only, but due to its slow rate of fire its still very easy to tap off single shots. as for the 1-10 mine was a 10 but only if your planning on going the high fps route or single shot only sights.
    despite this problem its extremly accurate with hell of a range ,this irritating fault spoils a very good gun
    m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Trying to fire single on full auto, cant that ''half cock'' the motor?? & jam it
      Warrior L96
      A&K M249 para
      WE High Capa 5.1 GBB

Comment

if you are thinking of getting the AA version then no. its damn near impossible to half cock the motor on them things. the trigger needs to be pulled all the way for it to fire

Comment

only if your motors a cheapy,under powered or your on a low battery, mine fires faultlessly when tapping single shots with full auto only selected
          m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Mine is a right pain for doing it, which DOES spoil an otherwise great gun. The fix is apparently quite simple - just fold forward the front tab that links the trigger to the connecting rod that links the GBX. Not sure how this works, or whether it does actually work as I've not done it on mine. Scale of 1 - 10 I'd say it's a 3. As has been said before the lazy rof allows you to pop off one or two shots quite easily.
            WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Agreed, and sometimes it's always better to let off two or three shots anyway just in case I do find that if you pull the trigger all the way till the end of the cycle (so it stops again) and then go again. It makes for very slow semi-auto fire though.
              TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
              Tokyo Marui P90
              HFC M9 Special Forces
              KSC Glock 18c

Comment

So lets put it this way knowing what you know now would you get another or had one in the first place ??
                Warrior L96
                A&K M249 para
                WE High Capa 5.1 GBB

Comment

i certaintly havent regretted buying mine

Comment

Oh and the gbx spacer kit fix is a pain to have to do, and the G&G SUSAT is awful and the filing down of the rail for a STAR SUSAT is a pain in the arse......

On the plus side it's rock solid and cheaper than the STAR

Comment

I have a star L85A2 for three years now and it's never had any issue - perhaps like ICS, it has a spring release mechanism.

So no matter how far (or indeed short) you've cycled the gearbox, if it stops half way due to say a low battery, you just release the spring and everything's back to normal.
                      Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

Ok.

The reason they have the problem is due to the gearbox speifically being set up to cut the power when the piston is right at the back, and thus the gears stay locked under the pressure of the spring as oppose to mvoing a bit more to disengage the cutoff lever as a normal gearbox does. Thus the power just gets cut off as you pull the trigger. No, it isn't really fixable, and semi only works when the piston starts fully forward and when you have a battery with a half decent amount of charge in it.

Comment

....although the piston spacer mod changes the way the GBX cycles....

Comment

ok i had the STAR one and it had an excelent single shot! the only problem was that the hop-rubber was torn i think? it was very heavy but that probably isnt a bad reason:D i would reckomend STAR over AA but dont know about ICS or G&G???

i would get one but after i get everything else sorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberi4n View Post
                              ....although the piston spacer mod changes the way the GBX cycles....
                              It does, but semi still malfunctions.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SGTSNIPER Find out more about SGTSNIPER
                              Working...
                              X