Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Which gun should I buy for my January present?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which gun should I buy for my January present?

Considering buying a brand new gun sometime this month. Just feel like something new that I don't have.

Also, I feel like having a brand new gun for once, rather than the usual second hand

So what do you guys reckon out of the following?

-Classic Army CA33. Had one of these before. Love how uncommon they are and now there are midcaps!

-Classic Army G3. This is where I'm unsure. Are the CA ones as good/almost as good as the TM? I don't like TM plastic, that's why I'm not going for the TM. If I got one I'd be replacing the hop and barrel anyway so the fact that TM hops are win is irrelevant Also, what model is best? SAR Taktik? Which one?

-STAR/ARES SL8. Just think they're cool. Are they?

Any help/experience would be grand

Cheers guys
    Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Re: Which gun should I buy for my January present?

CA guns are really good , the build quality is above par and any CA gun i have owned has given really great performance especially my scar the hop up was amazing

my site only uses CA as hire guns due to their reliability

Personally i love the sl8 or sl9 - they are really good looking - although i would personally get a CA g36 and convert it to an SL8/9

or

Get some sort of FAL or an SLR? I really want a FAL like the one used in H.E.A.T
    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Go with the G3, they are the sex! Plus very few people use the full size one.

Comment

I'm thinking a G3 myself. I have the money for one o' them Bushmaster ACRs but it's not out yet and the money's burning a hole in my pocket!

Comment

Sl8 or sl9 ! dont see them around much look lush

Comment

As above, G3 but with scope and bipod.

Comment

haha dont worry shadow I'm certainly sure of Classic Army quality. I am one of their biggest fanboys
              Just wasn't sure if their G3 was as good as the TM ones I've used before.

But for option 3, Im definitely only after an SL8 guys not an SL9, I want the one with the sort of detached top rail like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...px-H&K-SL8.jpg
              Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

just makes me think of F.E.A.R but maybe thats just me
                |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

yeah!
                  the erm.. assault rifle that they call G2A2 or something.

FEAR was an awesome game. So underrated. Just the fact that there were like 100 missions where all you did was f*** up the clone soldiers in the most gory ways possible. Throwing grenades at them in slowtime was the best. Or putting mines down and waiting to go and see the walls plastered with blood and body parts.

So what if it only had three scenarios (warehouse, office, foyer of office or warehouse)? lol

And yeah, thats why I like it. I'm really considering another CA33 now though. Thats becoming the most likely. Has anyone got a particularly good setup with one they'd care to share?

Comment

Talking of games... it cracked me up that the 7.62 G3KA4 was the 'beginners' weapon.

Comment

Find whats comfortable? Out of the ones you picked i would go with a CA33 w Aimpoint or Eotech

Comment

Well it's not on any of your lists or wanted sheet, but recently, the only guns that have consistently over-performed past my expectations are my G&G's - the lr "GR-300S" and the RK103 (AK74). Really fantastic range on her today.

When I saw the price tag of the LR-300 of £330, I thought it was a bit much, but I didn't know how much range you can get out of these thinks, and needless to say, they're regarded as one of the best makes for external quality.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Thanks for the tips on those two Gaffa, but I'm really after a H&K offering. I already have an AK-47 and an RPK so I don't really another similar gun.

I've also got an SR16, an M4A1 and an SR-25 so the Lr300 will just look like the 4th armalite type thing.

I currently don't have anything G3-ish ya see, except for my MP5

And yeah, CA33 is looking the most likely.. Although I'm still keen to get a normal G3. Because people tend to appreciate the full length G3 awesomeness because they know what it is, although its still rare enough to be special, which I like. The CA33's I do love.. but hmm I don't know whether I'm going to wish it was a proper G3, haha.

Comment

Hehe, if you go for a G3, get the original green furniture version (the A3?)

I've handled the CA one from one of my airsoft colleagues and it's really nice. Great, thin foregrip.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Is it nice quality plastic?
                              I've handled the JG one.. and.. well.. that put me off the A3 haha.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TS_Welshy Find out more about TS_Welshy
                              Working...
                              X