Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To snipe or not to snipe

Hi guys,
    I've been playing airsoft for a few years on and of. Alwase been a m14 kinda guy, not exaclt Rambo but then not all The way back.
    alwase like the thought of getting a sniper rife but heard storys about it being a bit naf, quiet. Ect

Could anyone tell me what it's actualy like. Good n bad ?
    sigpic

Re: To snipe or not to snipe

well its very different to normal playing styles so you may or may not like it but until you tried it you will never know
    Originally posted by LeeBristolAirsoft
    Seriously.... WTH?
    Tenth Prestige!
    http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60213
    http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?p=424466

Comment

My own experience of it was poor. I have no patience, and the two sniper rifles ive tried both werent the best. One was a very inaccurate spring, one a gas which suffered in the cold.
      If you enjoy going around wih an M14, then why not upgrade it, lock it to semi, and use it as a marksman rifle? Might be a good midway point to get into it! Im no sniper, so im sure there are a lot of exeperienced people on here who can go into it a lot more!

Comment

Thanks guys,
        think I might have to go with my original thought and get a sexy m14 and some mods
        sigpic

Comment

it is a much slower game.
          quite a lot of people get bored of it and give up.

the m14 is a good option - i had one running at 310fps with a tightbore and it was much more accurate than my sniper rifle. lol.

you do have to have patience and be happy on your own - unless you work in a pair of course.

you could go down the DM route.

mac
          Originally posted by Coz
          Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

like said before ots personal preference if your the sort of person that doesnt mind getting say 10 kills in a game but waiting for them then sniping could be for you, however if you like gettin 30+ kills a game then stick to m14 rap a bandanna around your head and run round like a nutter and show em how its done :D (got slightly carried away there :D)

GH0ST

Comment

I've always liked the Idea of Sniping. I'm quite Patient and love Bolt Actions. (previous rifle shooting experience) That just about quallifies me :D

Quick Question, Warrior L96 or JG Bar 10?
              Originally posted by B.E.N.
              Originally posted by TheLazymarksman
              Tactical bed covers...
              Double or single?

Comment

Bar 10, no hesitation!
                sigpic

Comment

aye - bar 10.

check out my sniper tactics thread id you haven't already.

mac
                  Originally posted by Coz

Comment

bar-10

Comment

Cheers Guys

but why the Bar 10? More Accurate? Stealthier?
                      Originally posted by B.E.N.
                      Originally posted by TheLazymarksman
                      Tactical bed covers...
                      Double or single?

Comment

as far as i know it is better made and is tm compatible.
                        Originally posted by Coz

Comment

It uses the TM VSR hop, which is the best hop available on the market, it's light, smooth cocking, easy to strip and fix, easily upgradable... just an all round better gun, more accurate too
                          If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer...

Comment

over all just a better gun.
                            i have to say though,being a sniper doesnt mean having to get less kills,nor does it mean having to sit in one place for ages.
                            i regularly get more kills than anyone on my team,i take a few targets,move ,then take another few and move again.
                            user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

Originally posted by iAndersonzxX View Post
                              but why the Bar 10? More Accurate? Stealthier?
                              It actually works

In my opinion, I have great respect for snipers, but can't stand sniping. I think its cowardly, to hide and pick your foe off from a distance where he can't stand a chance of hitting you, whereas I prefer to fight on a more even field. I tried sniping and it was fun, yeah, but I tried using the sniper rifle I was using more as a bolt action rifle, running up relatively close and then trying to hit the targets quickly, It worked to some extent- I managed to shoot keeper of secrets in the face (not intentionally mind)- but I found I would have much rather had an AEG, and I found that the range I had over non-snipers actually took a bit of the thrill out of airsoft for me- I wasnt getting shot at! Anyways, If its your game, thats fine and I respect your choice. Coward :P
                              G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                              RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mrt88 skirmishing around the country: Stafford, Stoke, London Find out more about Mrt88
                              Working...
                              X