milsims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• milsims

right 1st off, where can i find about what milsims are happening and where?
    i found stirling airsoft and hope to attend their copehill down events this year.

also, guns. i know that you gotta wear the right gear depending what faction you play, but do some places put a restriction on guns aswell, i.e can only use m4 if your on X side. and only AK variants if on the militia side...

thats all i can think of for now. i really wanna do a milsim event or 2, or 3, this year and just want to learn about them, perhaps you could share your experiences here and who organises the best milsim events?

Re: milsims

What about ground zeros upcomming mil sim

http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33813

Comment

Stirling would definately be a good start. Comrades In Arms would be the place to go for WW2 milsim as well.
      Al -
      United Kingdom Airsoft Players Union

Comment

ah yeah, forgot about that. soon as bookings are open i'll be booking myself a place.

but since i really dislike desert pattern stuff i'll be on the militia side.

Comment

my local site occasionally runs milsim games

Cerberus Airsoft - i have one tomorrow - heres an example of our restrictions

This time its European Rapid Deployment Forces vs the Uppsettians (made up eastern bloc type thing)

Eastern camoflague so anything like DPM, Flecktarn, US camo) is one team
          and the other team are any russian type camos, multicam and plain colours/civvies

weapons are not restricted we can use anything, ammo is restricted to 600 rounds each - further ammo will be given upon completion of specific objectives etc

many members of my site are ex military so you get constant realistic radio chatter over the airwaves which is very cool, also there will be a few and rovers to ferry troops and gear/food around which is normally coupled with a top gunner (support weapon) - it can also simulate mortar strikes (lots of pyro thrown out at a specific location based on the coordinates the team give)

>>> basically its a more structured day, everybody is organised into patrols and is given orders over the radio or via messangers, normally there is a commander and a second in comment and these people have all the intel and pass down orders of attack or defend to each squad, then there is a mobile "QRF quick reaction force" that can be used however the commander sees fit - oh and obviously the game lasts all day - and we have even done a night milsim game where we played all through the night - setting up a camp in the forest and organising sleeping shifts and patrols in the pitch black - very fun

cant think of much else as i need to get some sleep, im sure other milsim players will comment on their experainces too

frankly i wouldnt want to do it every skirmish but a few times a year is great
          |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

cheers shadow for that post, just looked at the comrades in arms site, just need to find some period looking clothing and i'm done since they allow the use of 58 pattern webbing.

Comment

Originally posted by kipper66 View Post
              cheers shadow for that post, just looked at the comrades in arms site, just need to find some period looking clothing and i'm done since they allow the use of 58 pattern webbing.

its ok i got bored of packing my gear
              |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kipper66 Find out more about kipper66
              Working...
              X