Distance Selling Regulations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distance Selling Regulations

What are my rights under the Distance Selling Regulations on buying airsoft equipment on the internet? I want to return something and notified the retailer within a couple of days of receiving it but they're not playing ball. Does the item have to be broken or damaged for them to accept a return?

Re: Distance Selling Regulations

Everything you need to know here:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/advice_and_res...g-regulations/
    sigpic

Comment

if its the hk retailers i think they state no returns on their web site, and if its outside the e.u theres nothing you can do as the law means squat.
      or do you mean distance selling as in not face to face within the uk
      m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Yup, they're in the UK.

Comment

you have 7 working days from receipt of said item to ask (in writing) for an unconditional return provided the item is undamaged. I've just done this with Z1 for a G&G SUSAT that was frankly very poor compared to the STAR Version. Z1 were excellent to deal with
          WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Unless what you bought falls into one of these categories, you've got them by the short and curlies:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/advice_and_res...ion-exceptions

I'd threaten them with trading standards and small claims court.
            sigpic

Comment

Excellent.

How about it Zero One?

Comment

Hahahah epic
                Love the set up Panoptes!
                "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't stop it from putting lego up its bum."

Comment

Well, they have had at least four weeks but they seem to be deliberately ignoring my comms. They pick up the sales emails fairly quickly though.

Gettin' seriously hacked-off.

Comment

You rang them? If not do that and if its out the length of time then explain that it is there fault as they have not replied to the email.

Comment

Originally posted by commandoboy View Post
                      You rang them? If not do that and if its out the length of time then explain that it is there fault as they have not replied to the email.
                      No, I've not rang them. As required by the DSRs, I communicate (and keep everything) in writing. They've replied to some of the emails so they've acknowledged there's a problem - and even processed orders subsequent to them - so they know what I want... I just think they're taking the piss now.

My patience is not infinite.

Comment

10 Mar 09 - still waiting. What annoys me most is that I've probably spent well-over a grand in the last six months with Z1. When I was asking for the return of this item I was still ordering stuff. I guess that was a mistake.

Comment

It couldn't hurt to give them a call mate, and if you can record it (just as good as writing). I'm sure just a single phone call would sort it out.
                          Trader Feedback:
                          New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
                          Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

Originally posted by mj23lj View Post
                            It couldn't hurt to give them a call mate, and if you can record it (just as good as writing). I'm sure just a single phone call would sort it out.
                            I'd second that. I've called & emailed before. The calls are dealt with well, the emails.... I don't think I ever got a reply. lol.

Comment

They're an online business - they should expect to deal with ordering online... it's not difficult and I'm certainly not going to incurr any expense on this with a phone call. They answer my order emails well enough. Funny that, isn't it?

I'll wait. But not too long.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                              Working...
                              X