Battery powered hand guns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery powered hand guns?

Just want to know if people use battery powered hand guns and what you thoughts on them are..

Cheers
    sigpic
    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=6155

Re: Battery powered hand guns??

Better known as AEP's in the ******* *****, aep's have there good and bad points firstly aep's have a huge advantage over GAS pistols in cold weather as the cool down effect does not apply, another pro is that they can have high capacity mags some at 100+ there also very easy to attach rails and other fun and pointless acessories too, the only down side ive seen to an aep, there low powerd due to only being able to fit a small spring in there small cylinder due to the compact size of a pistol, oh one other thing correct me if im wrong but Blow back is non existant and if so not very good.
    Custom M4
    TM 1911

Comment

There is a million and one threads asking the same question. So really quickly....

Pros

Work in the cold
      Generally break less
      Can be picked up very cheap

Cons

Often under powered
      Don't have the kick or sound of a gas one
      Can't easily be upgraded

Conclusion

AEP's in general. More reliability less fun. GBB = more fun, more trouble!

Comment

The two top posts are 100% spot on

Comment

Re: Battery powered hand guns?

might have to get an AEP as i have enough trouble in my life than to worry about my side arm..

So my next question is who has one and what is it??
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by knarf3 View Post
            might have to get an AEP as i have enough trouble in my life than to worry about my side arm..

So my next question is who has one and what is it??
            I have a Tokyo Marui USP AEP - Best pistol I have ever owned - the only gun that has worked when I have needed it - You know when you in a firefight and your AEG's battery die's only to pull out your gas pistol and its too cold so the bb just falls out the barrel. Well with an AEP you dont get that, its pull out AEP spray the s*** out of the ****** and have a laugh about it. Also the battery in mine lasts a life time, I can not use it for like 3months and then come back to it and it will still work, no problems, only little snag with mine is it will only work on .25gram bb's. Range wise its ok will do 25/30 meters. And has adjustable hopup :P.
            Last edited by sj_asc; 19 January, 2010, 10:30. Reason: Inappropriate Language

Comment

Originally posted by masteravatar View Post
              spray the s*** out of the ****** .
              forgot a word there mate, and ild say MP7 has slightly more internal upgrade options.
              Last edited by sj_asc; 19 January, 2010, 10:30.
              Custom M4
              TM 1911

Comment

TM Glock 18C used it today at dragon valley AND scored kills at 25 mtrs so they do have their uses
                Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Cyma G18 had one loved it
                  Originally posted by LeeBristolAirsoft
                  Seriously.... WTH?
                  Tenth Prestige!
                  http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60213
                  http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?p=424466

Comment

i got a TM Glock 18C, i havnt really properly used it, but when ive been testing it, very nice consistancy of shots, and got full auto with a 100 round mag, makes it a 'sub' AEG, if it where CQB, and you had loads of 100 round mags, i rekon you could get thru the day with just the Glock! i have never tried it, but theory is there!
                    I apologize for anything that might pxss you off

rate me: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37396

Comment

Once i get the P90 up to scratch im getting one...
                      sigpic

Comment

Got a TM Glock 18C and it's a lot of fun but the battery's aweful, can only put about 7-8 mags through it before it starts to die... I realise it's only meant as a sidearm and so therefore you only use it when you absolutely have to, but don't think you can use it as a substitute for your primary weapon for whatever reason.

Comment

Matt what size battery is it I have a TM 7.2V 600Mah battery and can get about 5 Hi cap and 8 lows out of that on single shot and still have battery capacity left. I bought the battery and perforemd 3 cycles of discharge charge before using it. This will bring the battery to full capacity and once a month I discharge/charge cycle once to keep it in top condition.
                          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by masteravatar View Post
                            I have a Tokyo Marui USP AEP - Best pistol I have ever owned - the only gun that has worked when I have needed it - You know when you in a firefight and your AEG's battery die's only to pull out your gas pistol and its too cold so the bb just falls out the barrel. Well with an AEP you dont get that, its pull out AEP spray the shit out of the ****** and have a laugh about it. Also the battery in mine lasts a life time, I can not use it for like 3months and then come back to it and it will still work, no problems, only little snag with mine is it will only work on .25gram bb's. Range wise its ok will do 25/30 meters. And has adjustable hopup :P.
                            Pretty much bang on. Same pistol here, some comments!

Comment

I also have a TM USP and its a great little pistol. Easily manages 100 foot range and its got a good trigger response.

Only real downside is the fps is quite low at around 220 fps and beyond 40-50 foot people don't feel or hear the hit unless you get lucky. However, its a pistol so that to me is acceptable.

I have a couple of 500mah NiMH batteries and it lasts a good while on them.

I also have 2x 200mah NiCAD batteries. Though they are frankly a bit rubbish. You get about 3 mags (30 rounders) out of them and being NiCAD you need to really look after them. So I don't use those any more.

I prefer gas pistols but in winter... it HAS to be my TM USP AEP.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

knarf3 Find out more about knarf3
                              Working...
                              X