Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gopro + Helmet + External Battery???

I think this could be the right place for this question

i recently got the new Gopro Hero3 black and instead of buying extra batteries i was thinking about running an external usb battery pack and storing it in a counter weight pouch on the back of my helmet (then running the USB wire down the side of the lid to the camera)

Does anyone else do this with their gopro and helmet? if so can someone recommend an external battery pack?

Re: Goprp + Helmet + External Battery???

I have just pre-ordered the black edition. In my opinion the external battery is a good idea but quite pointless aswell. 1-2 standard gopro batteries are more than enough to last for a whole day

Comment

GoPro batteries, in my experience (can't say for the Hero 3) have always lasted a very long time! You may have issues with keeping it in the case and water/shock proofing doing it that way...
      Fire Team Zulu
      Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
      http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

I don't even know if you can charge and record ...?
        you'd have issues with your battery if you're forever charging it. I think for the price of a spare battery, the risk of getting it wet and the hassle of rigging up the external battery you'd be better off not bothering and just buying a spare off ebay. the cheap china ones are smaller mAh but still worth getting.

I have a gopro hero 2 and once I used the skeletal back plate (open) and it rained, a little bit of water got inside the case, then for about 2 months after that whenever I used it the heat from the lipo on the gopro caused the case to steam up obviously wrecking the video quality through the lens.

it's really not worth it.

also to wire in a usb you'll have to cut a hole in the case, this then means you'll need a second case for when it's wet ... and for that price you can get two spare batteries on ebay.

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mooletf23 Find out more about mooletf23
        Working...
        X