Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What is the problem with using non-high grade bbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the problem with using non-high grade bbs?

I got my gun this morning and had about a minutes fun with it until I realised the remains of the snowman weren't being chipped away any more.

I have a lot of standard bbs but don't know what quality they are. They're yellow if there is any kind of system, If I was to use them for just target practice what (if anything) could go wrong?
    Hi, I'm a newb

Re: What is the problem with using non-high grade bbs?

What type of airsoft gun are you using them in? If it is anything above your 20-30 quid gun from your local market stop right now.

The reason we used highly polished high grade BB's is because the cheap rubbish ones have seams and bubbles on the exterior, these can mark, scratch and highly damage your inner barrel and also in some cases smash inside your gun, ripping your hop unit apart and parts of the BB going into your gear box and effectively wasting you £100 of gun for not paying a few quid extra on BB's.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Ok thanks. I wanted to check. You might've just saved me a lot of money. Can you get high-grade ones from most shops that sell BBs? There's one near me I could go to which sell bbs.

Is there any way to tell if they are high-grade? or do you have to just look at the bag?
      Hi, I'm a newb

Comment

Well, don't use anything less than .20 weight and buy recognised brands.

Visit Zero One's website and look at the bb's being sold.

Simples.

Comment

Look for high grade polished, and also if possible check a sample, look for any visible lines or cracks on the exterior of the BB's. With most BB's that are high grade it should take hitting a sharp object or a wall etc to crack.

Comment

check the zero one website for good brands of bbs.
            Originally posted by Coz
            Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Zero One sell their own branded bb's for £6.95 / 5000. These are good quality and we use them all the time.
              JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

most high grade BBs are usually white, im not saying that if you see some, they deffo will be high grade, so you wanna check the other info on the bottle, like weight, if there .20 in weight, thats a good sign, .12 grams is the weight of the market stall type bbs,which is a no no, unless its a marketstall bb gun :p. A good bb will have no visible seem, and be very very smooth. Hope this helps.
                I apologize for anything that might pxss you off

rate me: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37396

Comment

good brands include BB King, Zero One, ASG (Blasters and Q Bullet), Excel, BAW to name but a few. There are lots around mate, best to avoid things that look cheap and come in a small speed loader bottle, They tend to be cheap and nasty (I had some for my springer shotgun, BB's went in the bin and kept the bottle)

Comment

Yellow bbs sound like those crappy litle .12's you get with cheap plinkers or RC tanks that fire bb's cheap britlle polystyrene plastic that will, as mentioned above totally destroy the internals of your guns
                    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by Charlievil View Post
                      I got my gun this morning and had about a minutes fun with it until I realised the remains of the snowman weren't being chipped away any more.

I have a lot of standard bbs but don't know what quality they are. They're yellow if there is any kind of system, If I was to use them for just target practice what (if anything) could go wrong?

The fact that they're yellow is a good indicator that they're cheap bb's.

Check the seem lines, poor quality bb's have seems, where high grades don't.

High grades are shiny too, as they're put through a polishing stage in production.

If you're not sure, then don't run the risk .

Get some BAW or excel or blaster.

Comment

Also, unjam your gun with an unjamming rod, before you fire it again.

Comment

The yellows are also likely to be 0.12, I think

Comment

Horrible toy BB's. My brother gave me a pack of 'Super Spin high quality bb's' from some toy company. I threw them in the bin - tried them on a rental and it jammed like crazy and they wouldn't even hit a target at like 30 feet!
                            Weapons of Choice:
                            G&G SOC-16
                            Socom Gear NOVAK neXt 1911
                            JG - AK47 tactical
                            VFC Scar - L
                            Custom Benelli M3 Super 90

Comment

Low quality BBs = loss of range and accuracy,
                              for woodland it makes a pretty big difference.
                              Urban not so much.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Charlievil Find out more about Charlievil
                              Working...
                              X