Eotech vs Aimpoint T1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eotech vs Aimpoint T1

Looking to swap from an Eotech style sight to a Aimpoint T1, has any one here done this? any pros and cons ?

Re: Eotech vs Aimpoint T1

Are you talking about Real Eotech vs T1, or airsoft?

Comment

If it's airsoft then i personally prefer the t1 due to its neat dot, ease to adjust and high and low mounts. I personally don't like the size of the reticule on an eotech.

Comment

Sorry, the airsoft version in particular the micro dot.

Comment

In airsoft terms, they are both a red dot sight, very few (if any?) airsoft/replica EOTechs are actually a holographic sight. Depending on what EOTech model you have, the T-1 will be a lot smaller, both in terms of how much rail space it takes up and the size of the objective lens, i think the T-1 is 24mm from what I can remember. Thats Smaller than an EOTech which use a square objective lens. On the flip side, the T-1 will take up less of your peripheral vision so should allow you to keep more of the field in front of you in good view.

Both usually come with 1/2 colours of dot, different brightness settings and windage/elevation adjustments.

As were not shooting real steel out to 800 odd metres, the difference between the two is very small, go for whatever you think looks best on the gun you want to put it on. Personally I'm not a massive fan of the T-1 on a long rifle, i think it looks a tad small, so I have an EOTech 552 on my M4 and a T-1 on my MP9
          sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I have a 552 on my scar H at the moment, but as I am now shooting more airsoft ranges its more target acquisition than sighting targets so to speak as its all practical shooting style which is why I was thinking of the micro T1.

Comment

T1s are better I would say as you can see around it rather than looking through it with the 551/2 etc

Comment

Originally posted by Caldymoose View Post
                In airsoft terms, they are both a red dot sight, very few (if any?) airsoft/replica EOTechs are actually a holographic sight. Depending on what EOTech model you have, the T-1 will be a lot smaller, both in terms of how much rail space it takes up and the size of the objective lens, i think the T-1 is 24mm from what I can remember. Thats Smaller than an EOTech which use a square objective lens. On the flip side, the T-1 will take up less of your peripheral vision so should allow you to keep more of the field in front of you in good view.
                I completely agree, in airsoft terms go with what you like the look off because they are the same.

Comment

I used an EOTech but found I couldn't get the circle to go low enough for the short ranges we use so went for the aimpoint.
                  Now I use the T1 and love it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Biaggi Find out more about Biaggi
                  Working...
                  X