Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

KA FN FAL - Wood kit or replacement handguard/stock??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KA FN FAL - Wood kit or replacement handguard/stock??

Hey guy i have a Kings arms FN FAL and i was wondering if anyone had any info on if i could find a wood kit to replace my plastic pistol grip, stock and and rifle butt?? its the only part of the gun i dont like as there is a fair bit of squeak and wobble in it, apart from that i adore the gun!

Any help would be fantastic, i know ARES do a wood replacement kit for the SLR they have but im not sure if that would fit or not!

thanks.

Re: KA FN FAL - Wood kit or replacement handguard/stock??

I have the same rifle and have really struggled to find replacement parts for it such as the rear stock. Several US dealers have the parts but many don't ship these to the UK. I have replaced the handguard on mine with the one you get on the folding stock version as the one that comes with the full length KA FAL is metal on the real steel rifle.
    SLR wood kits are quite easy to source and i did try to get the rear stock from one on my FAL but there was no way for it to fit without a fair bit of chopping which i wasn't prepared to do.

Comment

Re: KA FN FAL - Wood kit or replacement handguard/stock??

Hi guys,

Neither KA nor ARES make their own wooden furniture sets - any you see fitted are real kits modified to fit airsoft rifles. I have an ARES L1A1 with wooden furniture fitted, and like most people, I have had to attach the stock permanently, as well as irreversibly modify it - although I believe Dorsettrooper on here has an ARES L1A1 to which he successfully managed to make the wooden stock removable - I wish I'd known it was possible when I was fitting mine!

As for the KA FAL, you may well find fitment of a wooden stock (if you attempt it) easier - the stock attachment for the KA FAL is 'positive' rather than 'negative' - that is to say, there is a protruding block which with the right set of tools, you could cut a perfect hole in the stock's 'face' to fit. I currently am in the process of fitting real plastic furniture to my KA FAL. You would still need to do a great deal of work to hollow out enough space in the stock for a battery.

As for sourcing this sort of furniture - wooden L1A1 kits tend to be rare and very expensive - for a complete set including the handguards and all the metal fittings, you would be looking at somewhere around £200. As for FAL furniture rather than L1A1, depending upon the style of furniture you're after - Belgian original, Israeli, Austrian, South African (the list goes on), some are easier to find than others, some easier to fit and some are considerably cheaper - for example, traditional Belgian style 3-slot wooden handguards and a matching stock will cost silly money, whereas a serviceable set of Israeli furniture will be considerably cheaper.

If you need any help with sourcing parts or with fitment, drop me a PM.

I hope this has helped.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rogerio134 Find out more about Rogerio134
      Working...
      X