s10 lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s10 lenses

can someone please send me some pics on how to get s10 lenses out so i can fit airsoft safe ones in please thanks

Jay
    JG G36c

Re: s10 lenses

they should just pop out after removing a piece of rubbe on the inside , they slot in n out to accomidate ballistic black lenses , the real ones NOT the covers

plus depends on the version you have , from 85-94 they were mark 4 , and onwards they are mark 6

mark fours had to be given to armourer to do so

mark 6 , just remove seal rubber and replace , then re-assemble

Comment

thats y i have a 1993
      JG G36c

Comment

they should just pop out mate . will check on mine

there are two small lug tabs where the nose sits , remove them and they pop out , but they are very tricky

Comment

there not coming out which is frustrating
          JG G36c

Comment

oooo dont force it then mate , make then so they fit over the lense

Comment

use a small flat screwdriver through the little bridge on the inside the rim of the lens ( you can just see it in the 2nd pic ) & prise the old lens out , the outer ring should pop out on outside with any luck ,i changed mine the other day for 2mm lexan very easy to make also if you cut them out with tin snips ,well thats what i did ;-)
              Last edited by _rich_; 19 January, 2010, 23:42.
              http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=100054

Comment

its a shame i cant send it off to anyone to do it for me i cant do it so
                JG G36c

Comment

There is a guide on the web for taking them on some airsoft site, but i cant seem to find it, also got a funny feeling it was ASUK (or whatever it was called)
                  sigpic

Comment

Sorry to barge in but I felt its relevant enough to ask. With ballistic (or normal) lenses on a gas mask, how quickly (if at all) do they steam up?
                    Current Armoury
                    TM M14 (OD) Red Dot Scope

ICS m16a3 - standard (as it should be!)

TM Spas 12

Comment

I use mesh lens so i dont know, it doesnt look a 100% accurate but the problem i have is i wear glasses so i need prescription lens under the mask so mesh was my best option.

Also i have installed a fan in the filter as well.

Also you can remove valves and do a few other mods to increase air flow
                      sigpic

Comment

I have an S10, with valves still in, lexan lenses, and about 50% of the filtration material removed from the filter... Only steams up after fairly heavy activity, and this was on a cold day. The key thing I think is the valves actually. They make sure that the air you pull into the mask by breathing in is cold and dry (comparitively) and the air you breathe out doesn't stay in the mask too long.

I found that a few deep breaths cleared what steam did start to form. Next time I wear it, I will probably rinse both sides of the lense with some anti fog spray a mate of mine uses for his motorbike helmet. It also stops water droplets gathering on the outside of the lense (like when it rains). If I remember I'll let you know how that goes, but I imagine it can only be an improvement. The S10 is definitely less misty than other full face protection I have used (although I've not used many).

Comment

If all valves are seated correctly and the seal around your face and mouth are good you should get little to no fogging at all.
                          "Obedience breeds discipline, discipline breeds unity, unity breeds power, power is life"
                          Welcome to Umbrella

Comment

are the anti flash lenses you can buy on ebay safe for airsoft
                            JG G36c

Comment

Yes but they are £40. Send me your mask and ill fit the lenses and return it for less.
                              "Obedience breeds discipline, discipline breeds unity, unity breeds power, power is life"
                              Welcome to Umbrella

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FFZ airsofter Find out more about FFZ airsofter
                              Working...
                              X