Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Tanaka Colt Single action Bisley models (a question before i part with cash)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanaka Colt Single action Bisley models (a question before i part with cash)

Howdy.

Anyone owned the Tanaka Colt SAA Bisleys at all?

I have owned 4 of the "standard" SAA's in different sizes and variations from civilian, cavalry and a very rare fast draw custom.

However all the standard SAA's even though i keep doing it and parting my cash with them, are crap, the cylinder has massive issues with alignment and fit and that causes every other issue to occur, to the point where I ended up installing a real steel cylinder pawl in there after the alignment issues with the cylinder broke the OEM one from stress.

Apparently the zeke cylinder can fix this problem but I dont really want to spend £180 and then another £100 on a cylinder that MIGHT fix the issue..

So that brings me to the bisley, which i have taken a liking too in style anyway as its slightly different and more "gentlemans" so to speak.

I saw a video on youtube of a guy chrono'ing his and on his website he states its his most powerful and accurate SAA in his collection due to a much tighter fit on the cylinder due to bolts on the gas release hammer etc.

Is this true? is the cylinder wobble n problem free compared to original SAA's

If you have owned a Bisley SAA do tell!

Thanks.

Re: Tanaka Colt Single action Bisley models (a question before i part with cash)

hi sorry for answering this a bit late, i have in my collection 1 saa detach, 1 saa bisley, 1 saa non flute, 1 saa hartford custom.
    The bisley is better then the detachable series, in general you should know this. The bisley comes with 290 fps 4 3/4 barrel 310 5.5 inch barrel and 340fps 7.5 inch barrel. The Older saa's are like this 4 3/4 320 fps 5.5 inch 350 fps 7.5 380-390 fps. And the fastdraws are both 400 fps with the hefty trigger leaf spring installed.
    The old ones are really hard to come by, so if you are set on getting a new saa i would recommend the bisley. Do not buy the tanaka first generation series with wood grips, They are absolute rubbish.
    The detach are like 220fps-270 fps and the first gen 190-250 fps.

Accuracy issues, on the detach models put a bit of cloth to "extend" the cylinder stop ping, this will mitigate some wobble on the cylinder. Take the outer barrel off and tighten the collar around the inner barrel, The hooking of the shoots are caused by the inner barrel rotating, so that the hop up is misaligned. The alignment issues is really something you can't get rid off, this is because 1 they are all misaligned, detach more than the bisley's and old ones.
    2 after the 2006 firearm control law, Tanaka made the gas release diameter 2mm instead of the previous 4.75mm. This reduced power and cause more misalignment issues.

The last thing you can do is fixing the rubber o rings in the cylinder. They have residue sticking out. Just cut this off and it will improve consistency.
    On the subject of zeke cylinders..... BUY it !!!! it is the best thing ever. I wish i had one, they are impossible to source .... ;( They will fit both the older and newer models of the saa. The saa fastdraw cylinder that ******* sells is not compatible with the normal tanakas. IT is made for the Cassiopeia version.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Agent Find out more about Agent
    Working...
    X