Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't decide! VFC or G&P ?? mK18 or similer

hi guys
    i was wondering if any of you can help me decide ... I have the opportunity to perches a vfc mk18 or a g&p mk18.
    i need peoples personal experiences. i am ex infantry so the feel of it has to be spot on or near enough and i don't really mind having to work on it.

So what are your thoughts on this ??

Re: i cant decide !!! VFC or G&P ?? mK18 or similer

VFC has beautiful externals, slap an ASCU V2/NG (When the NG comes out) and a Madbull 3 in 1 hop up (Or the AS Hop up unit when it's released for the bolt release function) and you're sorted mate.
    IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

thanks mate iv been searching threads but all of them or in the us and obviously KWA or G&P friendly lol

Comment

I've got a G&P mk18 and out of the box its awesome.
        Can't recommend one enough.

Comment

got a vfc mk18 mod 1 from HK. Looks fantastic but it's got vfc gears in it. (in other words it sh*t a piston in under 6 months)

Comment

Originally posted by sickboy76 View Post
            ...but it's got vfc gears in it. (in other words it sh*t a piston in under 6 months)
            I've been running a VFC 416 on 11.1v lipos for about 2 years now. No mods, just slap them in and go. No problems at all.
            sigpic

Comment

lol ok well vfc for high end or G&P ?? anything else you guys can recomend even if not MK18 lol

Comment

I was chatting to a retailer on the south coast (not Z1, so I won't name them) who sells G&P. It was his advice that made me get the VFC, even though he doesn't stock them.

This was 2 years ago, so I assume the problem has been sorted by now, but he had received a lot of G&P guns back in with gearbox failures all within a quite short period of time. Talking to other dealers he wasn't sure if this had been a bad batch that came into the UK, or some new part they were trying that was failing a lot, but lots of them were having the same problems.

Personal experience; my VFC is great with rock solid internals and no body issues at all, but I've only ever test fired a G&P which felt very nice to handle.
                sigpic

Comment

hmmm .... one thing that i have noticed is that america is allabout KWA or G@G/G&P
                  so i guess i gonna have to go with vfc lol

Comment

That's the problem, people only talk about the guns they've got with any level of certainty. They then pass on rumours about the guns they haven't got.

I can't guarantee that there were a batch of bad G&P guns, I can only go on the basis that the retailer advised me against buying one at that time as he didn't want to risk dealing with warranty issues. Equally, he may just have been low on stock and looking for an excuse.

Equally, I know people who've had bad experiences with VFC guns, it's all down to luck at the end of the day.

SRC had a really bad reputation a few years ago, but their Gen II guns were a big improvement and their Gen III guns are great. You still get people saying they should be avoided though. The same goes for G&G. I've had a G&G M14 and it was bomb-proof, but loads of people will tell you that a dead squirrel can fire further than a G&G M14 even though I got confirmed hits ay 50m+ (measured).

People either love or hate TM. People who remember the old TM body-creak tend to stay away from lots of their plastic guns, while people who's only come into the game in the last few years don't remember this and love them.

WE pistols are hit and miss, but the quality control is slowly getting better. Every thread on WE pistols still gets people saying they all leak like a sieve, regardless of whether or not they've even had one, let olanoe one of the newer ones.

I'm sure by now you're getting my point!

Basically; TM, VFC, G&P, CA and a few of the other higher-end makes will give you a pretty good chance at decent build and reliability. Beyond that, it's down to luck. Make sure you buy from a retailer with a good reputation for dealing with problems and you'll be OK. Equally, buy a decent make cheap from the forum if you don't mind the risk of needing to get things done to it. You pays your money and you takes your chance.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sickboy76 View Post
                      got a vfc mk18 mod 1 from HK. Looks fantastic but it's got vfc gears in it. (in other words it sh*t a piston in under 6 months)
                      my VFC hasnt sh*t a piston in over two years,internally i have never had a problem with it

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Saltyyy View Post
                      VFC has beautiful externals, slap an ASCU V2/NG (When the NG comes out) and a Madbull 3 in 1 hop up (Or the AS Hop up unit when it's released for the bolt release function) and you're sorted mate.

you can use an ASCU if you want the worst customer support on the planet if something goes wrong
                      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

i ahve notced that vfc all shoot around 330 -340 fps well thats what they are advertised at .. is this true or are then hotter ?

Comment

ok so if you had about 400 quid to spend on a vfc or G&P which would it be and why ?

Comment

id get either one,there is little between the two,and no wrong choice

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by carlx2 View Post
                            i ahve notced that vfc all shoot around 330 -340 fps well thats what they are advertised at .. is this true or are then hotter ?
                            both vfc and g&p i saw new were both running at 360 fps
                            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Re: I can't decide! VFC or G&P ?? mK18 or similer

hmmm ok so its VFC then lol

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X