Silicone oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silicone oil

What silicone oil would people recommend for gbb guns? I was thinking of buying 20 wt Pro Silicone Shock Oil.
    Thanks

Re: Silicone oil

depends on what you are planning on using it for if its for the gear box i would use some thing a bit heaver than 20wt maybe a 40wt also remember if you are using green gas then it already has silicon in it.
    sigpic
    Take Your Hit

Comment

Its for a KWA MP7 running on propane

Comment

My Oil says 1.5wt
        sigpic
        Take Your Hit

Comment

I use 60wt shock oil for external moving parts, i.e. bolt/slide, trigger parts, etc and 20wt for internal parts like o-rings and to put in my Propane adapter.
          - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

I like to use 5w/40 oil during the winter due to the lower viscosity of the oil in the cold the engine will manage slightly better than other grades, 5w/30 is also most adequate, some even go 0w/40 ..MADNESS!

anyway 5w/40 for me, keeps the engine happy and that keeps the turbo happy..

ALWAYS consult your owners manual

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
              I like to use 5w/40 oil during the winter due to the lower viscosity of the oil in the cold the engine will manage slightly better than other grades, 5w/30 is also most adequate, some even go 0w/40 ..MADNESS!

He is talking about oil for his propane adapter
              sigpic
              Take Your Hit

Comment

Originally posted by javaoverride View Post
                He is talking about oil for his propane adapter
                Really, I wonder how Agent could have got so mixed up.....

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post

Err, Agent if you put any of that near your Airsoft kit mate, you'll be buying all new kit in the space of about five minutes. Petroleum based oils and Airsoft do not mix well.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew March View Post
                    Err, Agent if you put any of that near your Airsoft kit mate, you'll be buying all new kit in the space of about five minutes. Petroleum based oils and Airsoft do not mix well.
                    Whoosh...
                    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                    big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Green gas is propane with a little lubricant, typically silicon oil. You can buy propane cheaply in big bottles and use a propane adaptor BUT you'd need to add silicon yourself every now and then. Run green gas and you'll be fine 99% of the time
                      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

less powerful gases like 134a or 144a already contain a limited amount of silicon designed to keep your mags, etc lubed, when you move on to higher powered gas, propane, etc you need to make sure that your mags and guns are kept lubricated as the seals, o rings etc will dry out, split and crack if they are left to dry out.

Gas pistols take no more time really to maintain than aegs and they can be a real blast, equally gas smg's, gad rifle however I have found to be a right pain, that probably just me though.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Carl Curtis Find out more about Carl Curtis
                        Working...
                        X