Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What's everyone's thoughts on "competitive airsofting"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on "competitive airsofting"?

It's all been said.

Example 1. Is by far the most ridiculous rule I've ever heard of. What if you were playing in a town with one guy in the central building..... Twenty guys just suddenly walk on in? That's bs.

Example 2. They're taking advantage of the dead man walking thing and getting around it by sneaky wording. Ballsy yes! But it's also plain cheating.
    It's basically saying stop firing at us while we get into better cover. Frankly if that were my site it would be final warning before a life ban.

To be perfectly honest if that is the type of play you're coming up against I would seriously think about finding a new site.

this type of behaviour is all too common at the slightly larger sites I've played at. You get a group of regulars who will always play on one team. The opposing team is almost always all the newer payers, with a handful of regulars.
    Spec ops was a bad site for doing that but by far the worst was section 8 up near Glasgow.

It's simply unsportsmanlike and makes for a crap day. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. So the new guys get pummelled and have no chance of winning and the regulars get to shoot fish in a barrel.

I've found that smaller sites often offer the best game days.

Cheers
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Thats why we normally opperate an if your unfriendly and your not shouting hit we shoot you. Or if you decide to shoot at us from your respawn point we shoot you on full auto till we run out of mag ruling. We all know what right or wrong is why take the piss? If your a sniper engaging under 30m we shoot you, if your blind firing we shoot you ect.

Comment

I have never heard of the spawn-on-buddy rule, and quite frankly sounds like a ridiculously flawed rule.
        With the second scenario, they did break a rule. If your hand is raised or gun is raised then that signifies to the opposing player that you're hit. You can't fake it so you can get an easier shot on the other team. This may be just a rule at my site. If it is just a rule at my site, then in your situation the players showed very unsportsmanlike conduct, in a game that relies on honesty. Next time if they do it again and they haven't shouted out "hit" specifically, when they were inside, shoot them when they come out.

Comment

Spawn on buddy rule is daft as hell.

As far as I'm concerned, the second incident is cheating. Hands up is considered a surrender or "im dead"

I'm all for playing to win but that's just lame and I hope the site owner/marshall dealt with it.

One thing that bugs me is when after a game ends the marshalls don't tell you WHO won. I'd like to know and I wish they'd gather everyone round briefly to say red/yellow/blue/ballerina team won
          Upcoming Games:
          None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
          Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Just play the damn game properly, I have no time for elitist BS.
            - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

The first example is an example of a flawed rule, but not cheating or particularly unsportsmanlike, blue team should have had someone keeping an eye on what was going on elsewhere, sure it's unlikely that someone would get through, but it happens, if you're in that strong a defensive position, simply don't take the risk.

Example 2, BS, every site I've ever played at, if your hand/weapon goes up, you're dead. Doesn't matter if you have actually been hit or not. I'm sure none of us enjoy the odd occasion where our hand is up and someone doesn't see it through the trees/gets surprised etc and sends a few shots your way. If they were actually hit and had their hands up I'm sure they'd be the first to complain if someone shot them anyway. It's cheating, plain and simple and no wording/rewording makes any difference. The marshall should have sent them all out and given them a warning before making it clear next time both teams are together that play like that will not be tolerated.

As to teams being unbalanced, unfortunately it happens, but while marshalls should do their best to keep friends together, if they're in a group of anymore than three it's not hard to make sure that two or more go in each team so they're not by themselves. Plus airsoft is an incredibly friendly sport, while I like playing with my friends, it's easy enough to make new friends that I'm not going to be annoyed if we get split up. I went to The Armoury for the first time recently and though I was brand new the marshalls made sure there was a fairly equal balance of teams so that there was always someone who knew the site on each team. That and they rebalanced the teams occasionally throughout the day when one team was more effective than the other.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CacklingHawk Be strong, be fast, don't be too serious Find out more about CacklingHawk
              Working...
              X