Buying a scope from America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a scope from America

Hello all, apologies that my first post is a question!
    I'm thinking of buying a sniper scope from America for a Dragunov, and was wondering if that was legal here or if customs would find that fishy. I did search on the forums for similar questions but they related to wood stocks and grips and suppressors, so I'm just asking to be sure. Via America it would be half the price of ordering in the UK and free shipping too, so it would be really great if it was an option able for taking.

Thanks for any replies, I'm somewhat of a newbie to restrictions between countries.

Re: Buying a scope from America

Half the price.. until you get custom charges slapped on it.

AFAIK they are all legal items. Might have issues with the suppressor though.
    Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

You'd get caught on customs and get swindled out of every penny you own in "import tax", but other than that, you're golden Unless ITAR's all over it...
      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Thanks for the helpful replies.
        Okay so it's not quite half price, but the nearest price in pounds is £100 so far that I've seen. It works out as £70 via ************************************************** ******** . Perhaps I ought to keep looking then? Or do you have any other ideas?
        Last edited by blytm; 24 January, 2013, 17:21. Reason: Retailer!!

Comment

Why would you buy it from America, surely the far east retailers would be much cheaper.

DANGER WILL ROBINSON, do not mention other retailers on these forums, expect a slap any minute!

Final edit, they are not in America, they are in Hong Kong and they are completely untrustworthy as well!

Comment

that is also not an american site, They Are HK based

Ninja'd

Comment

Just said that

Comment

I guess I trust American sites more than Eastern ones. I suppose I don't know what is reputable and what isn't.
                Haha sorry for the link pasting! It was just as an example. If zero one had the scope I'd certainly buy it! I have looked.

Edit: I didn't know that...I just figured their currency meant their country. Oops.

Comment

You could probably pick up a real PSO-1 from within the EU and avoid charges if you wanted to
                  Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                  big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Why not look at one of the Hawke air rifle scopes? They start at the £40 mark, you can walk in to any gun shop and buy them off the shelf, and they actually function as proper, accurate scopes!

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobySnacks View Post
                      Why not look at one of the Hawke air rifle scopes? They start at the £40 mark, you can walk in to any gun shop and buy them off the shelf, and they actually function as proper, accurate scopes!
                      Er, the OP is looking for a scope for a Dragunov - which has a rail mounted to the side of the receiver, not a conventional 20mm rail on top of the gun. Yes, you can get 20mm mounts to sit on this side rail, but frankly, they look stupid. Stick with a ComBlock side mounted scope on a ComBlock gun I reckon!

Comment

Would it be possible to source this from Poland or similar? I imagine you could get a real one surplus.

Comment

As a side note. The ACM PSO-1 scopes are pap.
                          section 24 of the 1968 Act
                          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                            As a side note. The ACM PSO-1 scopes are pap.
                            And he should know, Sean is the expert on 'pap'.

Comment

I also know the ACM scopes are PAP, I have one, the sooner I can get my real one, the better.
                              section 24 of the 1968 Act
                              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Marupial Find out more about Marupial
                              Working...
                              X