Celcius CTW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celcius CTW

Ok ive seen alot of hype surrounding these so called half price PTW's whats the deal are they worth the money? and whats the quality compred to a PTW.
    Custom M4
    TM 1911

Re: Celcius CTW

not as good as PTW, but then mine is an early version - think it was the 12th - so its hardly surprising. I've had to replace both boards in mine, and its still not working after 4 months, but then again I paid $300 for it so I knew I was buying a gun with issues. It needs some work doing to it but a mate who's been playing around with it reckons it will make an ok back-up gun to my PTW, so that's good enough for me.
    WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Cyberian, once they have ironed out the bugs they have potential!

Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

they come complete with a massive amount of problems generally speaking..

most people i've spoken to that has owned one has had it fail in the 1st skirmish
        Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

Originally posted by Chandler View Post
          Cyberian, once they have ironed out the bugs they have potential!

Chandler
          This is what I'm hoping. I've got the new Celcius 2009 front and back board to go in - hopefully this is all it will need to get up and running. Body wobble between upper and lower receiver is quite bad though.

I'm hoping it will serve as a back-up gun in case the PTW goes down.

Kingwell, are you aware of what caused the problems on the others you've experienced?

Comment

most of the problems ive seen come up are either the control boards failing, or the motors doing the typical PTW burnout but very quickly... im sure the motor can be rewound to tac's spec but even so it still not going to be as good as the systema version
            Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

Originally posted by Kingwell View Post
              most of the problems ive seen come up are either the control boards failing, or the motors doing the typical PTW burnout but very quickly... im sure the motor can be rewound to tac's spec but even so it still not going to be as good as the systema version
              The new boards I have should fix that - lets see how long the motor lasts

Comment

Originally posted by Kingwell View Post
                I've had several Celcius motors to repair and they are nasty. Not only did they manage to replicate exactly the faults with the Systema motor, they actually made them worse.

Quality of materials is extremely poor is is the fit, finish and build.

For all it's faults, at least the Systema item is nicely made. The Celcius however is not....!

Polishing a turd springs to mind.......!

Comment

Thats what i thought too good to be true, guess im saving up for my PTW just a bit longer :D
                  Custom M4
                  TM 1911

Comment

$300 dollars its not working and your happy!
                    I wouldnt go near another PTW waste of money so i certainly wont be buying a clone but $300 jeez could of got a VFC for that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1st_shooter View Post
                      $300 dollars its not working and you're happy!
                      I wouldnt go near another PTW waste of money so i certainly wont be buying a clone but $300 jeez could have got a VFC for that.
                      Perfectly happy. I bought it for that price knowing it had issues and that even when I had paid to get it fixed it would still have been significantly cheaper than the £600 that a well-known UK retailer was asking. You do the math....

Comment

Originally posted by Hypnose View Post
                        Thats what i thought too good to be true, guess im saving up for my PTW just a bit longer :D
                        You won't regret saving-up for that PTW

Comment

Fair enough its your choice but i have done the math and $300 for a Non working gun isnt good math. Im guessing the £600 was for a working version?

Comment

Originally posted by 1st_shooter View Post
                            Fair enough its your choice but i have done the math and $300 for a Non working gun isnt good math. Im guessing the £600 was for a working version?
                            The £600 was for a 'working' gun from the first batch - the same batch as mine with the 2007-based electronics. I say 'working' as these guns were based on the 2007 Systemas, the problematic ones.

I've spent around £400 on mine so far, including the upgrade to the new 2009 electronics that are yet to go in (and of course the $300 purchase price). If these changes work (and I have no reason to believe they wont, then I will have saved £200 on UK retail price with upgraded electronics.

No guarantee that the £600 uk version would be trouble free, especially as it used the old electronics.....

Comment

I spent £2000 on my PTW and it only stopped breaking when i bloody sold it!
                              I never saw this advertised really but i spose you cant tell on where they are for sale on this forum!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hypnose Find out more about Hypnose
                              Working...
                              X