Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Real Sword?

Hey all,

Having a look around for Real Sword magazines and from what I can tell from comments of manufacturers and the fact that they are our of stock everywhere, Real Sword seemed to have stopped production at the minute.

Does anyone know why? I dont know whether this production halt is just on the AK series, but if its over their entire range it would be a crying shame! I was really looking forward to their Type 97 sniper, and I fancied picking up one of their SVDs at some point too!

Have they completely stopped, or just not kept up with supply?

Given their quality control and general manufacturing standards, I'd bet on the latter

Comment

Re: What happened to Real Sword?

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
      Have they completely stopped, or just not kept up with supply?

Given their quality control and general manufacturing standards, I'd bet on the latter
      I know for a fact that on their SVD they have to do limited runs due to the amount of work that goes into them. I dont know whether the same applies to their Type 56/97 range?

A couple of popular reveiwers and manufacturers have phrased it as "stopped production". Whether thats just badly worded or not I've no idea!

Comment

If you're after one of their stanag mids I can help :P

More to the point I really hope they haven't dropped off the face of the earth as I was rather looking forward to picking up one of their M16a1's

Comment

Originally posted by Yivo View Post
          If you're after one of their stanag mids I can help :P

More to the point I really hope they haven't dropped off the face of the earth as I was rather looking forward to picking up one of their M16a1's
          Haha. Cheers bud but after a couple of their AK magazines!

I wasnt even aware they'd produced any stanags yet!

Did just pop on their website and see the announcement for their GBB SVD...phwoar.
          Last edited by Coski; 28 January, 2013, 14:17.

Comment

The SVD mags are discontinued! At least that's what WGC told me!

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
            WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgeorge View Post
              The SVD mags are discontinued! At least that's what WGC told me!

Wolf
              But why?! That makes no sense at all! The only reason I can think of is that they believe they cant compete with Cyma's AEG SVD mag prices?

Comment

Haven't a load of svds just come out as well? It wasn't long ago the real sword SVD was back available in this country

Comment

They are producing M4 variants with some new electromagnetic design which is meant to be the same as a gbbr (same recoil, open bolt). Not sure when it's going to be released

Comment

Their quality control has gone down the toilet i'm afraid. I've got two of their Type 56's.
                    The first one i bought was a very good condition Type 56. No issues, fires very nicely.rock solid. Absolutely no movement in it apart from where intended.

Then i bought a brand new Type 56-1 directly from real Sword. That was a mistake.
                    Out of the box there were issues:
                    Top edges of front handguards not stained or laquered (bare wood).
                    Pistol grip has a lot of movement (It twists in situ and the whole gearbox moves up and down when any pressure is applied to the grip).
                    The folding stock strikes the fire selector when it is folded. (So hard it has to be physically forced over the pivot point to make it close). I ended up taking the stock off and having to dremel the inside of it out to give it the clearance it needs to close).

When i emailed RS their attitude was one of "Oh, it can't be faulty as we test our guns throughout the manufacturing process".

Yeah right, course you do mate. Thats why this piece of shit ended up on my workbench getting ground down with power tools.
                    Total lack of interest even after sending them numerous pictures of the problems.
                    Head in sand syndrome. Big time denial..

All fixed now but no thanks to those clowns at RS.
                    Not impressed with those muppets at all.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coski Find out more about Coski
                    Working...
                    X