Re: who among us is first aid trained?

so i guess i am first aid trained then YAY . . . . \o/

cool another thing to add to cv .

Comment

I will be sorting medical cover at GZW for an event soon

Comment

I used to be a Life-Guard, but never kept up with it, so I'm trained, just not recently. I wouldn't take charge giving FA unless it was a dire situation.
            www.dartmoorrangers.co.uk
            Everyone goes on about how inspiring the story of Anne Frank is, but when I keep a little jewish girl in my attic suddenly THATS NOT OK?

Comment

Now I know that I am first aid trained
              if any people come to me sayin they are t1 I will wonder how you got to life threatening injuries in an airsoft skirmish

Comment

i am FA trained. merchant seaman standard, so i've been trained with spinal injurys etc.

never ever want to use it, but if i need to, i can do what needs to be done,
                Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 24 January, 2010, 09:16.

Comment

have done numorous first aid courses have had help to friends quite a bit whilst downhill mountain biking so far never playing airsoft.
                  The OLD man in me says you cant beat workshop first aid for cuts blue (paper towel and black tape or super glue if its a big one then use gaffa tape) LOL
                  if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch.

Trader Rating.
                  http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...highlight=hyde

Comment

Originally posted by HYDE View Post
                    have done numorous first aid courses have had help to friends quite a bit whilst downhill mountain biking so far never playing airsoft.
                    The OLD man in me says you cant beat workshop first aid for cuts blue (paper towel and black tape or super glue if its a big one then use gaffa tape) LOL
                    ha ha - we have all be there at some point!

cut my finger pretty bad a few years ago (worst thing was that it was my trigger finger! )
                    ended up wrapping it with a tea towel until bleeding stopped and me dad got home to patch it up! lol.
                    Originally posted by Coz
                    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

im a first aid trainer and assesor, never had to use it at airsoft tho ;/ must be one of the lucky ones, there is a mountain of injuries possible, head injury, dislocatos, fractures, cuts, embeded objects, spinal injuries. not many of them really caused by the BB's tho lol

Comment

First Aid trained, sadly I've had to use it on someone that came close to going into shock after breaking their ankle. Other than that, I've just helped out with various cuts and other minor injuries with my small FA kit that never leaves my side. To echo the folks above, the amount of paper work and potential legal action (for trying to help?) you could face means it's best to leave it to the site staff and only ever step in if it's required and appropriate.
                        Does not speak moron.

Comment

I have various training, FA at work, lifesaver etc. with st john, people your first aid does expire... and things tend to change of the years just so you are aware.

Comment

Originally posted by BROWNING91 View Post
                            things tend to change of the years just so you are aware.
                            It changes too often and annoys my brain.

shaun.
                            Originally posted by Utorak
                            FUUUUUUUU! I'm not going to be putting the barrel of my gun near anything like that.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                            Working...
                            X