Suitable GPS for games??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suitable GPS for games??

Looking to run some games using GPS way points to identify/locate objectives.
    Was wondering if anyone knew of good,simple,cheap hand held GPS to use? Was going to purchase a couple, one per team hence they need to be cheap but very easy to use.
    Any ideas appreciated.

Jock.

Re: Suitable GPS for games??

Garmin fortrek 301. About 130 quid, small, light and has a wrist mount available. It can also use the said wrist mount to attach it to a weapon.
    The garmin 401 is better but about 30-40 quid dearer.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Learn to read maps ?
      Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

I was going to suggest map and compass less than a tenner.
        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Could use an iPhone and get an arm strap and chuck it on your wrist if you dont fancy shelling out a few hundred extra for a GPS.

Garmin foretrex 401/301 are quite good. the 401 is only about £120-£140

Comment

Map & compass would be easier yes, but its more for walk on games where I'm looking for quick and easy to get the games moving.
            Also its a smallish woodland site, so wouldn't be much detail on even an explorer map.

Comment

Originally posted by cactus View Post
              Could use an iPhone and get an arm strap and chuck it on your wrist if you dont fancy shelling out a few hundred extra for a GPS.

Garmin foretrex 401/301 are quite good. the 401 is only about £120-£140
              Thats the 301. The 401 is 170 with military discount.
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

iPhone is good enough to do the job.

Comment

Any Garmin or Magellan GPS is good. But my question is why? If you're using them at such a small site, where you can't use a map due to it being so small, it seems a wee bit pointless. I'd stick to visible objectives if I were you. If the site was massive then yes GPS/map reading would be a good idea to implement
                  Originally posted by Tiercel
                  The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

There are programs that you can use on any smart phone with internet and GPS, these will probably suit your needs for coordination as you can designate waypoinys and pit in info on enemy numbers etc
                    PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

Thanks Guys,

The site is probably 2 mile by 0.5, the landscape would be good for some simple orienteering but I was after some simple GPS to give each team 3 objectives to hunt through the entire woodland site while avoiding the other team etc.
                      Found a cheap one - Bushnell Backtrack( the little round one). £50 ish.
                      These things are pretty robust and I wouldn't want anyone getting shot in the their precious smart phone, probably cost more than half the guns on site.

Comment

there are cases that are coming out for them

- - - Updated - - -

also another bonus with using phones is that you can program in different objectives, troop movements etc, each side has their own channel which is password protected and it can be updated by any phone that is logged into the channel
                        PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

everytrail app on iphone will let you share a route (between objective ect). i would imagine a search on the app store would give you an inexpensive result. id check but signal shite here
                          There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jockanease Find out more about Jockanease
                          Working...
                          X