Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increasing ROF in a G3 SAS?

Hey all,

I have a JG G3-SAS, currently using a 9.6v battery in it, I was wondering what else I could use to up the Rate of Fire from it?

If I were to upgrade the motor, am I right in thinking I need a high-speed motor? If so, do I need to change parts like gears/spring/piston etc.?

Our local site is about to open up a new indoor place so fancy tuning up the G3-SAS a wee bit to be a bit more menacing indoors :D

Is it worth upgrading the barrel for inside? Or just leave that with it being such a short gun?

Any input appreciated, thanks

Re: Increasing ROF in a G3 SAS?

There's a sticky in the tech section that will help you a lot, please use.

Comment

Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets View Post
      There's a sticky in the tech section that will help you a lot, please use.

Would you believe I looked in there but never even saw the stickys? lol my bad, cheers found it now

Comment

Ok, ive read the post, very helpful thank you, so im going to drop in a TM motor and some high speed gears into the gun to give it a bit of a boost!

My question is, what gears do I need? I looked at Z1's shop but the gears arent listed for specific guns etc. Do the gears fit all guns so to speak? I was looking at the systema High Speed gear operations, but there is "Flat" and "Helical" types?

Anyone know which one fits the JG G3?

Cheers!

Comment

Both. But helical gears require a different piston to the stock one. And to be honest i wouldn't bother with a high price gearset if you are going to use a standard motor. Personally, i always use Element Gears. And a G&P M120 motor. However if you go down this route, you will need to correct the Angle of Engagement. Or your piston will die rather quickly

Comment

As above. Plus there are different ratios of high speed gears.

16:1 Quick.:D
            14:1 Bloody Quick.:D:D
            13:1 Insane.:D:D:D

Many other things help/hinder High rate of Fire guns. So my advice would be go easy and don't spend money on the high end bits until you know what you are doing, Because You Are going to destroy something in your gearbox probably sooner than you think.

Have Fun...

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
              Both. But helical gears require a different piston to the stock one.
              Not all do. The Systema helical gear set uses standard teeth on the sector gear to engage the piston, so a standard piston will be fine. The rest of the gears though mesh together using helical teeth.
              WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bandeen Find out more about Bandeen
              Working...
              X